Ward Skins Coming Soon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkKat48

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The goal here is not to have ghosts and bats popping up all over Summoner's Rift all year round. It is a Harrowing/Shadow Isles promotion to add a new element to the event and help us understand how players like and use ward skins.
Then make it cost IP

Mr Mystical

10-18-2012

I have to agree with the majority of comments -- this is a great idea executed badly. Why would I pay RP for something that only lasts a week and then is gone. That's just a waste of money for something that is gone in 7 days and if you don't play but once a week you get to use them for a few games at most. Not cool -- maybe it should be based on you get to use the ward 150 times or something like that but even better they should be a permanent purchase with RP that stays in your inventory forever. Renting wards is not something I'm going to do or be in favor of. Plus, mostly it's the support that buys wards in games even though everyone should buy wards and use them it's the hardest thing to get people to do in most normal games -- wards just don't get used enough IMO.

And the prices on some of those rentals for RP are way to high for only a use for a week --- this is sort of an EPIC FAIL Riot --- get your team together and rethink this please. You usually do listen to your customers so I have faith you'll figure something better out and quickly!

Kolione

10-18-2012

I like the idea but you wont see me droping money for something that only lasts a week

Koyane

10-18-2012

i dont mind buying the ones for IP but the RP ones should last longer, like 2-3 weeks at least.. i mean we're spending actual money on them. might as well make it so we'll actually want to buy them again. 75 RP is a good price for 3 weeks. 25 RP is a good price for 1 week. think about it, riot.

Lord Catbug

10-18-2012

I was so "AW YA WARD SKINS THIS IS GONNA BE AWSOME, TAKE MY MONEY RIOT!!". Then i saw it was a rental... Biggest waste of money ever, change it to permanent and you got yourself a buyer.

mambawarrior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

It's 30 IP a day, which is less than a single loss.
I'm honestly not seeing any real problem.
For 10400 IP, less than 2 6300 champions, you can get them for a year.

Frostfire20

10-18-2012

That free ghost ward costs 6k IP for 30 weeks, aka just over seven months. Screw dat, I'll save for the new champions.

^ That is, IF they are still playable after the inevitable nerfs.

Krom

10-18-2012

Downvote #1141 reporting in!

Zileto

10-18-2012

I was really, really excited about ward skins. I was celebrating this morning with my boyfriend about them. I main support, and tend to buy lots of wards. Unfortunately, I won't be buying any ward skins. I don't have much free time on my hands, but when I have some, I like to play League. I don't get to play that often. A one week rental means nothing to me. It means that I'll have spent money on something I'll use once.

I can't justify that purchase. When I do buy things from Riot, it's because I'm investing in a game I want to support, and I'm paying for something I can use every time I log on. It's an investment on something I can use, no matter how often I play, and I get value from it by knowing it's a long term thing, and that long-term use of it will even out the cost.

I don't really even know what else to say about it. I'm so let down. Finding this piece of information pretty much ruined my night. I'm disappointed in the turn Riot has taken, with this temporary ward skin debacle and the icons for buying RP.

TB Wolf

10-18-2012

Really... Temporary... Hippalpus I know you're experimenting with stuff, but come on, you can't actually think these new ideas are good can you? I mean, that's just a horrible deal for most of them other than the 25 RP / 75 IP ones. Just make them more expensive, maybe 520 to unlock a perma ward skin /=.