Ward Skins Coming Soon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I Scoop Icecream

10-18-2012

As soon as I saw this my immediate reaction was "That is SO COOL I am totally buying them"... and then I read the rest. One week? Is that an insult?

If you want to have seasonal temporary ones, make them last a month, or even have options of 1 week / 1 month with a discount on the 1 month price. On top of those, add permanent ward skins. This is such a cool customization idea, give us permanent ones! You could sell those for as much as full-price champion skins and I'd happily buy them!

JinzoClash

10-18-2012

You buy them then they get taken away?

That's a bit mentally damaged, lol.

This could have been such a cool thing.
::ignores this offer completely::

Exodus Hero

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The goal here is not to have ghosts and bats popping up all over Summoner's Rift all year round. It is a Harrowing/Shadow Isles promotion to add a new element to the event and help us understand how players like and use ward skins.
If you really wanted to test it like you said, you wouldn't be charging for the ward skins at all.

Nütcracko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

----------------------------Real money TEMPORARY benefits.
-1 No, you will not get my money unless I'm buying something i KEEP!

gaminggamer

10-18-2012

so if you buy one you can only use one in-game? HOW DOES THIS WORK!!??!?!?!?!?!?

FuzzyMcNubNubs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

There are over one hundred pages of comments about ward skins and most of them about how awesome the idea is. How much more proof do you need that players like the idea? I think that this is an amazing idea and I have been waiting for something like this. It's like the idea of having custom couriers in DotA 2. Just look at that player-base and see how much money was made off of couriers. The idea of being able to customize my experience, even if only in this small way, would make me feel better about my experience with the game. I would like for these to be a permanent aspect of the game. Now that you have teased me, I want them and I want more of them.

Murasaki no Tora

10-18-2012

ITT: Riot cleverly uses the holidays as a scapegoat to test "rental items".

Sigh. Going down that path, where you can buy an item to use for 24 hours, 1 week, 1 month... Never thought Riot would do that. I feel sick. Next: 24 hour skins and 1 week champion rental periods...

Killrazor

10-18-2012

worst ****ing idea ever. should be permanent. Pathetic riot, just pathetic.

Pethrax

10-18-2012

um, wtf? why are they in opposite order? the most awesome one is the cheapest, and the worst is the most expensive?

IamGundam3

10-18-2012

RIOT want to do Short-term speculation.
But you don't do it.
Riot should let LOL be play by many Novice.
Not just make many.