Ward Skins Coming Soon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nimnator

10-18-2012

Soooo you all realize that you can buy 2 of those skins with IP? You have a choice here, IP or RP. It's not that Riot force you to buy them with RP only. Beside, I have a lot of IP I'm not really care if I spend a few IP for a ward's skin that only last for a while.
Compare this to others, this is much better. But of course If spend my real money I want a permanent skin not a temporary 1.

fep

10-18-2012

gay

jeffk1

10-18-2012

Kind of sucks that they're only temporary. Its not like the anyone even looks at wards most of the time in the first place. I wouldnt say theyre worth the 25 cents for a week rental.

PJ FlyingFallus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

I cannot believe this Riot.
I couldnt think of a way you could ruin the ward skins idea , i was so excited. You cant imagine it.
Well, i underestimated you.

......not cool

Yaji85

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The weeks stack for each type of ward skin. So if you buy two weeks of Deadfall wards on October 24, it will cost 400 IP and last you through November 7.
Thank you for clearing this up for me. The original post was unclear regarding the one-week expiry and somehow lasting up to 52 weeks.

Kyrielich

10-18-2012

ah... just when i thought it was permanent or 52 weeks for 200 ip + 800 ip
, i don't mind spend 6300 ip for a permanent ward hopefully they change the policy

and riot should bold the "last for 1 week" , anyway gj riot

ninbushido

10-18-2012

I WAS going to spend a butt-load of my RP and IP and stuff to buy those ward skins simply because they look so cool, but then I saw the word "week" and "temporary". Nope, my money's not going to this cause anymore.

SugÓrFreeMints

10-18-2012

That -1090 rating is epic btw.. LoL
ugh it keeps getting more :O

ARM24

10-18-2012

When they first announced that they'd be doing war skins for ip/rp Ithought it would be a similar setup to that of champions. In other words I thought we would be able to buy ward skins for rp or a higher amount of ip, and that they would be a perma-buy, sadly this is not the case.

Sparks Kincade

10-18-2012

Sorry Riot this isn't cool. You are sending a mixed message saying you don't want Holiday themed wards to be on the map all year round but we can play our Holiday themed skins whenever we want.

If you really want to try this than make IP unlocks rentals and RP unlocks permanent.