Earn Sinister Summoner Icons with RP Purchases

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fraxtures

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismaljester View Post
This is kind of annoying.

I have over 10k rp on my account that I bought while there was no promotion. I was out and knew I would spend it to I bought the max I could at the time, which was 100$ worth. Now there have been 2 promotions that I have had to miss because I purchased too many points too early.

Stuff like this discourages people from spending money on RP at random times and makes us wait for a promotion to purchase.

"Oh I'm out of RP but instead of buying now I think I'll wait since there might be another promotion I'll miss out on"

That sorta sucks.....They should definitely have the icons purchasable individuality but also have for people like you.

Fidds

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkshakevanilla View Post
Sorry Riot but nobody is going to pay 10k riot points for an icon. yeeesh!
I just did actually, feels good to have money you can do whatever you want with

Grim Reaper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismaljester View Post
This is kind of annoying.

I have over 10k rp on my account that I bought while there was no promotion. I was out and knew I would spend it to I bought the max I could at the time, which was 100$ worth. Now there have been 2 promotions that I have had to miss because I purchased too many points too early.

Stuff like this discourages people from spending money on RP at random times and makes us wait for a promotion to purchase.

"Oh I'm out of RP but instead of buying now I think I'll wait since there might be another promotion I'll miss out on"
You need to check the dev tracker more often. Hippalus has been talking about both the ward skins and the summoner icons in great detail and has already talked about your issue.

ShinigamiMikeTay

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2012

why cant they tell us earlier like at least 2-3 month. damn......

ShinigamiMikeTay

10-19-2012

if they tell 2-3 month earlier..................

Lyokocoder12

10-19-2012

hmm well i buying a skin this halloween so i will be getting one of thoses but i think they are a little to pricey :\

FryedChykenz

10-19-2012

This is a good idea guys, it gives those people that are forced to spend RP on heroes a little extra. Because god knows it takes a week of regular playing to earn 1 hero's worth of IP since you people just have to make every new hero 6300. It's so bad that normal people who aren't on this game all day get so left behind that they end up having to spend damn RP just to "Keep up with the Phreaks."

You guys already took a few ideas from DotA 2, like the commending system and the new champion select ??/?? players ready thing, why not just inherit them all? (Like free heroes)

Karolina

10-19-2012

Whoa so much hate. They are free with your RP purchases, guys :I And it also shows they are working on summoner icons (which is cool of course).
Those 700 downvotes should be upvotes .

Many people are using silly arguments that make it sound like these icons are essential to play LoL and that they have a right to all 5 pictures. It's a promotion ffs.

Mustachestalker

10-19-2012

So... Can I get these for the 5,000+ Rp I spent THREE DAYS before this period? ;___;

Y u no increase period length earlier!?

BlueDragoon212

10-19-2012

Anyone know if this applies to prepaid cards?