Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Earn Sinister Summoner Icons with RP Purchases

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KrYoS

10-18-2012

I love how they reward veteran players who have spent hundreds of dollars. All about "what have you done for me lately" I guess

SculptorOvFlesh

10-18-2012

Quote:
KrYoS:
I love how they reward veteran players who have spent hundreds of dollars. All about "what have you done for me lately" I guess

Riot needs to change their name to Blizz.

LionsXe

10-18-2012

Ok im gonna leave my feedback here and hope a rioter reads it :/, im not native english speaker, sorry

So the thing is we WANT this bonus, they are a "bonus" but lets be honest, most people wants anything "special" in a game.
Idd like to have these but i dont have (nor i would buy them if i had) the money, why? i really apreciate riots efforts to mantain this great game for free but its looking too greedy...with this and the wards skins, im sure some people will buy it, there is always rich people around or people that likes to sucumb to flashy low quality merchandise, but for most people, most normal people, this will be a "i would like to have that but i can't" thing, it makes you feel kinda bad.
Lets say i would love to have the vengefull wraith one, i will see it in my rich's friends profiles but i can't get it myself, its not like it changes my experience of the game, but each time i look at it on my list, ill feel kinda bad because i dont have the money, riot should think of all their customers, maybe make it a "choose the icon you want for tier 1" or something like that, sorry for my english i would really like to make a good post about this but i have lenguage limitations :/, i luv u all.

Noobinizer

10-18-2012

This is the stupidest thing I have ever seen Riot do. Honestly, you're rewarding people who buy RP in October as opposed to the people who have supported the game for years?

Harutan

Recruiter

10-18-2012

Quote:
LionsXe:
Ok im gonna leave my feedback here and hope a rioter reads it :/, im not native english speaker, sorry

So the thing is we WANT this bonus, they are a "bonus" but lets be honest, most people wants anything "special" in a game.
Idd like to have these but i dont have (nor i would buy them if i had) the money, why? i really apreciate riots efforts to mantain this great game for free but its looking too greedy...with this and the wards skins, im sure some people will buy it, there is always rich people around or people that likes to sucumb to flashy low quality merchandise, but for most people, most normal people, this will be a "i would like to have that but i can't" thing, it makes you feel kinda bad.
Lets say i would love to have the vengefull wraith one, i will see it in my rich's friends profiles but i can't get it myself, its not like it changes my experience of the game, but each time i look at it on my list, ill feel kinda bad because i dont have the money, riot should think of all their customers, maybe make it a "choose the icon you want for tier 1" or something like that, sorry for my english i would really like to make a good post about this but i have lenguage limitations :/, i luv u all.

Considering English is your second language I feel like you iterated yourself perfectly
I feel ya bro, and also that "choose what icon you get for tier 1" thing was actually a pretty good idea, that way people who want to support riot and get the cool lookin thing they want still can, and then collector freaks still get all the same bonuses of having all 5, I guess they do lose that "look i spent 75 dollars" appeal, but i mean hey, they have pulsefire ezreal for that :P

Wrosgar

10-18-2012

My problem with this is 10,000 RP is $70 worth of Riot points. I have already spent over $1000 on this game in the time since I started over 2 years ago and I am literally running out of things that I could justify spending RP on (I already have a skin for every champion, as well as pretty much any skin I truly want). Of course I would want the full tier 5 (since I'm that kind of person) but with how much I've spent on this game, I seriously need a good reason to spend more then $20 to get the fifth tier.

FaceCheckMyBush

10-18-2012

This is lame we have to spend that much RP to get 5 icons. We should either get them for free or even just charge a little bit so people can buy them. This is ridiculous. I dunno who's making the decisions on these promotions with the temp ward skins and spending 10k rp to get 5 icons. This person has horrible decision making skills and quite frankly, shouldn't be in charge of this. I'm just beside myself at how horrible this person making these decisions is at their job. Jezus. Wow. Riot, fire that man.

Mëow

10-18-2012

will this work with RP cards?

Souldier

10-18-2012

Just bought 650 rp that i didn't even need!
Always glad to support riot! Great company!

Arrevax

10-18-2012

This isn't too horrible of a marketing strategy... But the 1000 downvotes directed at the temporary wards skins are justifiable. Riot, I pray that you aren't going towards rental purchases of any sort. That's one of the things that separates you from weaker companies with "free to play" games, such as Perfect World. Please don't stoop to their level.