Earn Sinister Summoner Icons with RP Purchases

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mensidiaverne

10-18-2012

Well that is unfortunate. The only time I make a big RP purchase was during the double bonus RP promotion.

Fat chance of me spending the same amount again so soon after.

Riot should have given more info about these summoner icon costs further in advance. Most people do not simply purchase big chunks of RP the same way they purchase a new hero bundle/skin.

Wow Riven OP

10-18-2012

wtf riot?

12fingerJIM

10-18-2012

Is bonus RP factored in?

Alltezza

10-18-2012

Riot thanks for screwing us over, especially those who bought a ton of RP last month with that sale you had. Come on now this is unreasonable just look at the price range you guys are setting over some icons. We don't even have a choice as to which icon we can to have. Just charge like 260 RP for each icon and give us players/consumers a choice to pick one. I mean seriously Riot WE the players are the reason why you guys are still here give us what we want and stop trying to rip us off

ShadowOfNothing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Vengeful Wraith...
http://weknowmemes.com/2012/01/this-...-my-virginity/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm One View Post
GUYSSSSS. This is free, like Riot said! You just have to buy $75 for RP, which you can use to buy anything, and you get this as a bonus! 5 entirely super awesome ICONS that we can look at. That way you won't have to go back to this page to see it! Great treat right?! /sarcasm
This one candy bar is free if you buy 100 candy bars!!!

TheWheatOne

10-18-2012

GUYSSSSS. This is free, like Riot said! You just have to buy $75 for RP, which you can use to buy anything, and you get this as a bonus! 5 entirely super awesome ICONS that we can look at. That way you won't have to go back to this page to see it! Great treat right?! /sarcasm

Saah

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Careem Pie View Post
10k IP. I'm sitting on a whooping 56k IP, mostly because I play a good 100+ games a day (obviously exaggerating). 10k influence points for a years worth of skins for something you should use/see in every game. It's not a bad deal; plus the more games you play, the easier it will be for you to earn your IP back.
I realize it's not a big deal. I am disappointed that the skins are not permanent, but i'll probably invest in the year-long Angel Statue skin(1300RP). But what people are arguing about is that they see it as a waste of money(as do i, but i'll purchase them anyways) because it's a temporary item. What is implied by this, is if the sales of these ward skins go well, that RIOT will introduce more and more "rental" skins or content, and it'll keep going downhill from there. Players, specifically in online games such as League of Legends do not want "rental" anything, even if it is only aesthetic.

I agree with the above, i do not want rental anything in League, i'd actually rather have something have a rental option and a permanent purchase option, so i can see if i truly want to invest in keeping it. That being said, i hope that RIOT will SOON introduce permanent ward skins or other aesthetic "things" i can purchase, like champion skins.

I also hope they start doing Achievements, as that tab has been greyed out for ever on my profile.

Lithorz

10-18-2012

Total ripoff...

SoxFan9298

10-18-2012

This is a great idea, BUT the time frame is a little steep. Like who wants to pay $70 within a month and a half? Riot should seriously consider extending the deadline on this offer.

Hell Hawk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Is Bonus RP included? so you could do tow purchases of 35$?