Earn Sinister Summoner Icons with RP Purchases

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GribnikLOL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

I already have 12.556RP, so i need to buy another 10k RP, for this icons(((( wtf!!!

SøµñÐ

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeeksNaman View Post
[aws2=news/October_2012/2012_10_18_Shadow_Isles_Icons/shadow_isles_summoner_icons_EN.jpg]news/October_2012/2012_10_18_Shadow_Isles_Icons/shadow_isles_summoner_icons_EN_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

As we venture deeper into the mysterious mists of the Shadow Isles, summoner icons are taking on some dreadful new facades. In celebration of the upcoming patch, well be offering some sinister new summoner icons when you purchase RP. There are five icons to collect based on the total RP you purchase between October 1 and November 13. Your new summoner icons will be unleashed after the release of the Shadow Isles patch to haunt your profile forevermore.

Heres the breakdown:

• Tier 1 (any RP amount): Spiteful Specter
  • Tier 2 (1,000+ RP): Baleful Grasp plus Tier 1
  • Tier 3 (2,500+ RP): Death Mask plus Tiers 1-2
  • Tier 4 (5,000+ RP): Deadfall Treant plus Tiers 1-3
  • Tier 5 (10,000+ RP): Vengeful Wraith plus Tiers 1-4

If you purchase RP and meet a new tier after the patch, itll take about ten minutes after your transaction is processed before your new icons are available to use.

So treat yourself to some RP for a wicked Shadow Isles champion or skin, and trick opponents with your freaky new summoner face!

Ok i think thats not fair at all... give that to summoner whos going to buy riot... if i already spend too much in riot... i have skin with most of hero that i play... i spend over 200$ in riot point... and it still no fair... if im going to buy riot .... what will i do with it... i could earn ip... but im not really using it... and i still have riot point that im not using..

Seriously u should give it to player who spend for riot at all not just at now...

I hope other people is thinkin like me...

TheMasterZails

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

do we know if I buy 2 tier 3's in this promo time I still get tier 4?

HevyMettle

10-18-2012

Wait, so I am being punished for buying my RP in bulk beforehand? When they offered the rp bonuses I went in with a solid 20-30 bucks so I could just buy things as they came along. I still have most of that RP (uninteresting sales) and now I won't get nifty icons because I don't need that much rp...This update made me sad.

BackStabx

10-18-2012

you should consider adding our lifetime expenses with you riot, not just force us to buy more rp\

Careem Pie

10-18-2012

Everyone who is still complaining obviously missed a large post that pointed out your moronic ideas about spending 75$ for the icons. I will say again, for those of you who missed it; but please, feel free to scroll through Riot's posts and see the quote explaining it.
You aren't buying the icons, you're buying Riot Points; the icons are just a bonus. Also, a year? A year for the ward skins? That couldn't be more than 3k influence points, and it lasts an entire year. That's a long time, because by the time you run out of the wards, you will have gotten bored of them, and new one would have probably been released.

fufa the awesome

10-18-2012

this is awesome

Jankster

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHellofaButler View Post
if i bought rp a few days ago will that count towards this?
As we venture deeper into the mysterious mists of the Shadow Isles, summoner icons are taking on some dreadful new facades. In celebration of the upcoming patch, we’ll be offering some sinister new summoner icons when you purchase RP. There are five icons to collect based on the total RP you purchase between OCTOBER 1 and NOVEMBER 13. Your new summoner icons will be unleashed after the release of the Shadow Isles patch to haunt your profile forevermore.

Warsource

10-18-2012

I would say the community definitely has a good position on this one. I would humbly recommend a "spooky Halloween" gift in which players who have spent "X" RP get a certain tier of icon. After awhile the player base needs a break from buying things every other week lol =p.

theturtle000

10-18-2012

i'm sticking with the S2 riven summoner icon. Was free and looks nice.