Earn Sinister Summoner Icons with RP Purchases

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Megnificent

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zielmann View Post
Do you know what your reward was for supporting Riot? Continued support and development of the game, rather than letting it tank. Oh, and whatever skins, rune pages, etc. it was that you bought with your RP.

Back when you purchased those items with your RP, you must have certainly deemed them worthy of your money at the time of purchase. How come all of a sudden you demand something more than that?

Nobody is entitled to anything that Riot has done for us. This is a fun little cosmetic thing being used as a promotion to get more people to buy RP. And no, you can't criminalize Riot for trying to get people to buy RP, because that's their business model. If people stop buying RP, LoL can no longer continue.
I absolutely agree with Zielmann. I just thought it was a bit much to tell any players, veterans or not, that if they want five new icons, they have to buy $100 worth of RP. I just think expecting players to spend $100 on RP within the month is silly. If it were a holiday such as Christmas or whatever, I could see how this would work, as a lot of kids get money and gift cards during those kind of holidays. The idea itself is pretty cool, I just think $100 is a bit much just to add five extra icons to your account. As a college student, I myself don't feel inclined to spend $100 on RP within the month is all.

I'm not sure why my previous post was downvoted, as I'm not bashing Riot or anything, just expressing my opinion on the matter. Same with this post. Hope people understand where I'm coming from...

Creature71

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

This needs to be retroactive, plain and simple, otherwise it punishes everyone who has previously purchased RP. And while i understand that you are not buying the icons per say, the upcoming patch/event simply doesn't offer 70$ worth of content. Furthermore if this kind of event becomes common, no one will want to spend such large amounts for a batch of limited edition icons, knowing that the next batch may be more interesting.

If however the tier prices were SERIOUSLY reduced, people who have previously bought RP would most likely be encouraged to do so again. In my opinion, 20$ at most would be fair.

Jesodoth

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMcMalzahar View Post
PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT COST:

THIS IS A REWARD SYSTEM FOR BUYING RP!!!!
IF YOU BUY RP JUST FOR THE ICONS, THEN YES IT WILL BE EXPENSIVE!
If you haven't noticed, they haven't put price tags on the actual Icons themselves because they AREN'T for sale. THey're rewards for buying RP. In other words, if you have to feel generous in supporting Riot with their fiscal needs within the next month, you get rewarded with special icons.

YOU ARE NOT BUYING ICONS! YOU'RE BUYING RP!

You don't get it at all..

BUT IF I PUT MY OPINION IN CAPS ... it's still wrong

PlatinumRooster

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozen View Post
GG reading comprehension. There's a ton of people in this thread complaining about the RP purchase that they just made 1-2 weeks ago, or yesterday even. Go back and read the original statement: "...between October 1 and November 13."

As for the folks complaining about the large amount of RP they purchased during the free RP promotion... you already got a bonus! Riot is now trying a different marketing tactic with a different incentive. Are you seriously going back and saying "Hey wait! That incentive that I previously got wasn't good enough! Give me both!".

I like that they are doing this, cause it means we might be getting closer to lifetime purchase tiers which I would really like to happen.
I can appreciate this but also look at this wording:

"There are five icons to collect based on the total RP you purchase between October 1 and November 13"

"If you purchase RP and meet a new tier after the patch, itíll take about ten minutes after your transaction is processed before your new icons are available to use."

oshienu

10-18-2012

Disappointed in this. So the RP I have been saving for this event is a waste because I bought it early?

PlatinumRooster

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesodoth View Post
You don't get it at all..

BUT IF I PUT MY OPINION IN CAPS ... it's still wrong
I do get it...
People aren't even voicing their opinion because they're not giving an opinion on whats REALLY being said. To them, they read "Buy a lot of RP to get these" when in reality its stating, "If you happen to donate various amounts to Riot this season, we'll reward you with special summoner icons as a thank you for your support."

Johan

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMcMalzahar View Post
I can appreciate this but also look at this wording:

"There are five icons to collect based on the total RP you purchase between October 1 and November 13"

"If you purchase RP and meet a new tier after the patch, itíll take about ten minutes after your transaction is processed before your new icons are available to use."
What about it? The promotion dates last longer than when the patch is implemented.

Covaxe

10-18-2012

I think the RP amounts are too high. If this is going to be a regular thing people are going to be buying a lot more RP than they need. I don't even think Riot gives us enough content to spend 10,000 RP a month on and even if they did odds are you wont want every skin/champion that comes out. If this continues on Christmas as well that's like $280 for three months. I think the price should be lowered so that you'd be purchasing enough RP for the new seasonal content. So if there are 4 skins that's 3900 RP, or you could have given icons to those who bought the seasonal content, it means they bought RP and are not forced to buy more if they already have enough.

Also, the icons should be limited edition.

deathofbarney

10-18-2012

Does this apply to RP purchased in the form of cards? Or is it online purchase only?

oODarkTemplarOo

10-18-2012

Ok, seriously Riot, I bought your $100 summer package of Riot Points when that was available, and you put something like this out now? I feel like I'm being punished for buying my points earlier this year rather than waiting, and I'm sure everyone else who bought RP then do to.
Why not give these icons out to summoners based on RP purchases over the past year or something? Then that 10k cap wouldn't feel so harsh right before the holiday season.