Earn Sinister Summoner Icons with RP Purchases

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AudioTheory

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaninway View Post
The moral and what riot is trying to teach us is......DONT TAKE A CHANCE BY BUYING RP WHEN THERE IS NO DEAL OR REWARD.......JUST HANG ONTO TO ALL YOUR MONEY AND WAIT FOR DEALS AND REWARDS FOR BUYING RP.

sounds correct right??

Its always been like that though, like why would you buy a champion when its not on sale.? You have no Idea if you buy it and then next week they drop his price forever. I only buy things on sale. Its the smart way to do it and you should know they have sales and incentives all the time, so if you buy when they don't its kinda your own fault.

Im not talking about you personally cause i see where your coming from as i have thought of that before already.

Kazen247

10-18-2012

Please stop overcharging people for stupid ****...

Borand

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika Fox View Post
Again, we just got a whole heap of summoners for the tourny, and chance are there will be more <_<

Riots not ignoring the freebase
1. These were promotive summoners, no matter how you look at it.
2. Riot choses to favor the paying portion of the fanbase as time goes by. This means that it is ignoring the non-paying portion.

eJ3

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioTheory View Post
Its always been like that though, like why would you buy a champion when its not on sale.? You have no Idea if you buy it and then next week they drop his price forever. I only buy things on sale. Its the smart way to do it and you should know they have sales and incentives all the time, so if you buy when they don't its kinda your own fault.

Im not talking about you personally cause i see where your coming from as i have thought of that before already.
They should extend the window, who is going to put $100 just for icons? They have their statisticians at work here; obviously

NitrogenFire

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

me and my friends have spent +500$ rp and we we don't get it because we didn't spend it in THIS time?

Seems legit ..

~Riot Ftw ...

AudioTheory

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Thanks for the support I am frequently surprised by the hate generated by some of my efforts to bring new content to players in new ways, but I respect their opinions and will continue to learn from it.
Same here hipp the hate from people on here is amazing its like your FORCING them to buy and use the icons lol. I would just take them off RIGHT now and only the people who bought them by the end of the night will have them lol

And I dont even want them. Do the Double RP again soon for Xmas Ill jump on that with my Xmas money.

Nintura

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeeksNaman View Post
[aws2=news/October_2012/2012_10_18_Shadow_Isles_Icons/shadow_isles_summoner_icons_EN.jpg]news/October_2012/2012_10_18_Shadow_Isles_Icons/shadow_isles_summoner_icons_EN_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

As we venture deeper into the mysterious mists of the Shadow Isles, summoner icons are taking on some dreadful new facades. In celebration of the upcoming patch, we’ll be offering some sinister new summoner icons when you purchase RP. There are five icons to collect based on the total RP you purchase between October 1 and November 13. Your new summoner icons will be unleashed after the release of the Shadow Isles patch to haunt your profile forevermore.

Here’s the breakdown:

• Tier 1 (any RP amount): Spiteful Specter
  • Tier 2 (1,000+ RP): Baleful Grasp plus Tier 1
  • Tier 3 (2,500+ RP): Death Mask plus Tiers 1-2
  • Tier 4 (5,000+ RP): Deadfall Treant plus Tiers 1-3
  • Tier 5 (10,000+ RP): Vengeful Wraith plus Tiers 1-4

If you purchase RP and meet a new tier after the patch, it’ll take about ten minutes after your transaction is processed before your new icons are available to use.

So treat yourself to some RP for a wicked Shadow Isles champion or skin, and trick opponents with your freaky new summoner face!

I appreciate the offers from Riot and your crew. I plan on buying the Mao skin, the new champ pack, the brand zombie skin and the ward skins. So I just bought 15k RP. Thanks for making it easier to do so. I didn't expect 15k RP to be so cheap.

Vercinaigh

10-18-2012

Again a really horrible idea, you should not promote people flaunting the amount of money they spend so blatantly

Pika Fox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borand View Post
1. These were promotive summoners, no matter how you look at it.
2. Riot choses to favor the paying portion of the fanbase as time goes by. This means that it is ignoring the non-paying portion.
Rewards for paying customers that are completely cosmetic and rewards is perfectly fine

Riots not ignoring the freebase any way you look at it. We just got a whole heap of summoners for the tourny, promotional or not. We will end up getting more summoners eventually.

Riot even made it so that the ward skins are going to be purchasable in both IP and RP. Cosmetic things have always been RP only, and he even said he will look into a way to make skins available for IP at a drastic cost, and see if its possible to do so while keeping the game afloat.

Freebee players arent being neglected, id love to see your well thought out, constructive "proof" of such -.-

Opium Dream

10-18-2012

riot went broke after season 2 finals..........