Earn Sinister Summoner Icons with RP Purchases

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Void2258

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Just let us buy the ones we want with RP we already have. I still have over 6000 RP in my account. I'm not buying more to get an icon, but I would be willing to spend some of it to get the ones I like.

Vsair

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

I'm sorry Riot, But as someone who has charged hundreds to you throughout my LoL Career This just feels cruel.

You set up a $100 rp buy option so that those with the option can just grab a large amount and use it whenever they need, but now anything we've had before the 1st doesn't matter

If there was a persistent unlock system throughout your lol career for RP bought this wouldn't be as bad, but what your telling us is that everyone who helped you get to this point haven't done anything for you at all.

If your really going through with this, at least add something to make the rest of us who have supported LoL for such a long time feel less stupid, less like we should just hold onto our money for wicked promotional offers that only care about when and how much money we gave you.

Its not like I'm not getting to Tier 3 With purchases when the event hits, but this seriously just makes me feel silly for thinking that a quick $10 RP card for Frostblade Irelia on the 26th of last month wouldn't end up making me feel dumb, or that cashing in on September sales wouldn't be taken into account. At least I'm not one of the people who've dropped $100 into the option.

Please Riot, Rethink this economic path your starting to go down, for the sake of those who believed in you before and wish to continue believing in you. I'm sure even the worst naysayers are just trying to get a similar message across to you.

Antnerd

10-18-2012

I'm pretty sure I've spent at least 300 bucks on this game since Beta. Cmon Riot, give me a breakk

XElement

10-18-2012

Rather just buy the icon for RP

cute coral

10-18-2012

I have no clue at all as to why you are all QQing about a $75 icon?
If you had to actually pay 10k RP to unlock the icon, then yeah, that's kinda silly, but the icon is simply an added bonus upon buying RP.
You still get to spend your 75k (or whatever) freely-- however you want, this is no different from buying RP at any time, except there is a reward for doing so during the time period.

Galafray

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindandCynical View Post
Is this adding new RP to your account?

Or spending the RP on content?
They say "RP Purchases" which has been defined by riot as purchasing RP, they have called spending RP "Purchasing with RP" so I would say it's adding RP to account.

Syrinxian

10-18-2012

kind of a bad idea imo. Would have been better to just make them limited time purchases.

Albireo

10-18-2012

btw, how his exactly works?

you need to purchase rp through digital media? or rp cards works too?

Kreuz55

10-18-2012

so annoying i buy alot of RP somoe days before the date -.-

Delnoir

10-18-2012

I like how you guys are going all out on The Harrowing and the Shadow Isles, but you'd have to be nuts to get 10,000 RP for all 5 icons. I mean I know there are a lot of really cool skins coming out and I can really appreciate that but 10k RP is pretty steep.

You'd have to truly like and want quite a bit of merchandise to get all five icons without buying champions and skins you're never going to use.

You guys might want to reconsider those values just a little tiny bit.