Earn Sinister Summoner Icons with RP Purchases

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shelwyn

10-26-2012

I know this is going to sound odd but can you make a teir 6 one for 20,000 RP?

Next time someone goes "hurrrr you spend moneies on this game??" I can just put on the teir 6 icon on with pride and let that answer the question.

OmniChaos

10-26-2012

I respect your efforts Hippalus, but these new marketing schemes contradict the reasons why League of Legends has been successful so far. Randomly offering IP sales for rune pages with little to no forewarning and a short time limit causes players to hoard ip instead of using them to get new champions. Having temporary skins for wards with IP makes this game's real money purchasing system feel a lot like typical MMO's marketing system. Selling summoner icons by way of massive RP purchase does the same thing. The reason why League of Legends' business model was so successful was because it worked and seemed fair. I like that you're introducing new things for consumers to buy but the method in which they are obtained seems "cheap". Like all other LoL visual upgrades, they should be permanent and there should be a method to purchase them individually. You may end up making more money initially simply because they're new things to buy, but the current system works for a reason.

Kai Duskbreaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

So I just logged in. No new icons. Do I need to relog, or is there a problem with the distribution?
I purchased:
5000 On October 8th
1380 On October 17th
1380 On October 19th

So I should have access to everything but Vengeful Wrath, but I don't have access to any of them.

TheRainMaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

I still cant see any new icons on my acount.....so sad

DarkRaven21

10-26-2012

Why does everything have to be about buyig rp why cant you giveout some holloween stuff for free thats permanent be awsome those tombstones arent permanent and prolly go away after one use "-(

RansSac

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRaven21 View Post
Why does everything have to be about buyig rp why cant you giveout some holloween stuff for free thats permanent be awsome those tombstones arent permanent and prolly go away after one use "-(
It is how they make money, if they gave everything out this game wouldn't be half as good as it is or nearly as rich in content. I do wish they would have let us keep the championship icons though as a way to support the e-sport teams, but oh well

Phanman

10-26-2012

Any word on when these will go live? Everything else in the patch is now live...

PeaceLeader

10-26-2012

So I Just Bought 10000, When Will They Start Showing Up?

Bu Gao Xing

Master Recruiter

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The Shadow Isles and Harrowing content was delayed a bit. The Summoner Icons should begin showing up in accounts during the day tomorrow. Additional icons that are earned will then appear within ten minutes.
It's tomorrow now.. still haz no icons

Rabidwhale

10-26-2012

I need my vengeful Wraith Icon!