Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Earn Sinister Summoner Icons with RP Purchases

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Apexy

Recruiter

10-18-2012

I redeemed 10k RP on Sept 30. FML

Swinney

10-18-2012

Why can't I just buy the ones I want to buy?

Fuey500

Recruiter

10-18-2012

Why cant we just buy them for RP like someone else mentioned o.o, im not going to go out and buy more RP that i got earlier for Halloween to get a icon lol..

TreeTrunks

10-18-2012

Quote:
Hippalus:
The summoner icons will be permanently given to players who purchase RP during the qualifying period.

No decisions have been made on whether these or other summoner icons will be available for future events.

In other words. If a significant amount of IP (probably a specific amount) is purchased during this period it will determine if this is indeed incentive to make summoner icons during holidays

G4MESDEAN

10-18-2012

love the idea but wish you had put this up sooner i just charged my account yesterday D=

magik8ball

10-18-2012

Hey everyone.

Quite simply, this is a marketing experiment. Riot would like to see how people's buying habits change if they give out icons as an accessory to large RP purchases in an incentive to get people to buy.

Nothing changes if you don't buy anything, although it does kind of suck if you have a ton of RP already - Riot should make an option for people like these, certainly.

Through the five different icons, Riot is also trying to figure out how much of a difference a promotion like this makes - will people buy significantly more with the icons? How about when the cool new skins are announced? What does the data show?

I applaud this idea, because I'm glad to see Riot making money to run a game that I don't have to pay a cent for. Bravo.

nexVereor

10-18-2012

You are not spending the RP on the icons... When you purchase RP you get the icon as a bonus depending on the amount of RP you have purchased. You still get the RP to spend on champs and skins.

Ensign Epic

10-18-2012

So not only are they not pretty, but they're a FREAKING DELIBERATE AS ALL HELL MONEY GRAB. Holy **** someone please fire the person coming up with all these terrible ideas.

xSaintx

10-18-2012

Maybe that's a typo. Yeah... haha yeah... it's a typo guys...

Sylph

Recruiter

10-18-2012

I am not sure if this method is the best approach, I purchase RP in bundles of $100.00 at a time, and I have yet to run out of my previous RP supply. Having to purchase additional RP to participate in the promotional campaign is understandable, however there should be an option for people with a large amount of existing RP to unlock this content with existing funds, as opposed to purchasing more RP, on top of existing amounts.

Thoughts?