Earn Sinister Summoner Icons with RP Purchases

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hot dog chewer

Recruiter

10-21-2012

70 dollars for 5 icons... i don't think it's worth it.

Skuirrel

10-21-2012

Just realized my last RP purchase was on 9/29 =(

Copernicus IV

10-21-2012

Hmmm.. It seems like a huge rip off.. Luckily for me, I've made it into tier 5 already.. I joined this game at a decent time.

Demerz

10-21-2012

You guys have to remember, League of Legends is a COMPLETELY FREE game. Other than the item mall where you can purchase the champions/skins. That is their only income other than Ads, so for them to try to get players to purchase their in game currency is only to help the game out. If no one were to buy RP the game wouldn't be able to stay up and the servers would most likely get shut down after awhile. That or the servers would just be unable to me maintained and the lag would be unbelievable and I don't want to see that happen. So just chill out with all the hateful comments and play the game, they're not forcing anyone to buy anything lol.

Greasy Grandpa

10-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demerz View Post
You guys have to remember, League of Legends is a COMPLETELY FREE game. Other than the item mall where you can purchase the champions/skins. That is their only income other than Ads, so for them to try to get players to purchase their in game currency is only to help the game out. If no one were to buy RP the game wouldn't be able to stay up and the servers would most likely get shut down after awhile. That or the servers would just be unable to me maintained and the lag would be unbelievable and I don't want to see that happen. So just chill out with all the hateful comments and play the game, they're not forcing anyone to buy anything lol.
Yeah, but if they made icons we could actually purchase, players would still need to buy RP for them.

ToxicFrost

10-21-2012

if ii buy the LoL cards from the stores and then put in the code will ii still get the icons or is it digital only?!

Kerbere

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxicidia View Post
if ii buy the LoL cards from the stores and then put in the code will ii still get the icons or is it digital only?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Yes it will apply to any way that you purchase RP.
^

Pheinix

10-21-2012

So is tier 4 (5k RP) including bonus RP. If so, the $35 RP purchase will get me 4/5 icons. If not, I'd have to buy at least the $50 RP purchase to get to tier 4.

GodzillaMagnum

10-21-2012

Does this count for prepaid cards or do we have to buy it with a credit card?

Also does it unlock immediately or at the end of the month?

xxKinokillerxx

10-21-2012

didnt get summoner's icon