Earn Sinister Summoner Icons with RP Purchases

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

clownccy

Recruiter

10-21-2012

If i purchase 5000rp.I will have Deadfall Treant plus Tiers 1-3 or Death Mask plus Tiers 1-2

mooIah

10-21-2012

Why all the hate? I mean i know that 10k rp for 5 icons is too much... but it still is just a bonus, rite?

Hoist The Colors

10-21-2012

I got one of the 25$ pre paid cards from Gamestop last week does that count?

meat rampage

10-21-2012

yay math:

$5.00 for tier 1 icons
$10.00 for tier 2 icons
$20.00 for tier 3 icons
$35.00 for tier 4 icons
$70.00 for tier 5 icons

You could spend money here and there and still make it to tier 4, which would cost you $70.00. Or you can just shell out $70.00 now and get all of them. tricky tricky riotz.

So what to do? If you REALLY like icons, feel you must have all 5 tiers, have $70.00 you don't need, and plan to spend 10,000 riot points in the near future.... go for it.

ADC SENPAl

10-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
You will be fine as long as you bought in October.
Personally I think this is absolutely awesome, I was planning on buying a lot of RP soon to get some new skins and now being able to get limited time icons for a purchase I was planning on making anyways is awesome and makes me want to spend more money. I know not everyone is happy about them being limited time and I have spent well over 10k RP before this but little things like this is what makes riot an awesome and unique company. Thanks for all the posts and information about the circumstances.

P.S The vengeful wraith icon looks awesome

loljoker321

10-21-2012

it didnt work i purchase today with 10$ RP points why?

Kreshno

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2012

If people know that Riot has a lot of limited edition skins plus regular special skins all coming out soon then probably people will buy rps and as for the guys that already have enough amount of rps will probably still restock rps soon since there will be at least 7 skins coming out. Plus the new Xin, Jarvan and Nocturne skin are yet to be release.

Eye Burn Jews

10-21-2012

i dont think you guys understand you dont need to pay 10k for the icon , if u buy 10k worth of rp's they will give you this for free and its not 10k at once u can buy 1k 10x times between october 1st and the deadline i think its a great idea

Nephrosiss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2012

Well at least the first tier is easy enough to get and with the release of the ward skins approaching I don't mind dishing out like 5 dollars!

Shadow Master

10-21-2012

Most ludicrous monetization scheme I've ever seen.
You could sell all the icons for a static price and make a fortune, but apparently, that isn't enough?

This is nothing personal against the new Commerce Director, but Riot needs to double-check who they hire.
A commerce director must understand the intricacies of the F2P model and how various monetization schemes affect player psyches.

This throws the whole "for the players" mentality behind Riot Games out the window and turns it into a smaller Activision.

Supporting the devs by making purchases of the content they release is great, and I do it all the time.

But having novel content with no alternatives (no other new icons even exist yet) dangled in front of your nose and being told that you need to buy 10,000+ RP to get the particular icon you want... that's not support, that's extortion.