Earn Sinister Summoner Icons with RP Purchases

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bewarden

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Creme Soda View Post
You get the icons for just buying RP, you don't have to buy the skins, and it's whichever is higher. If you bought 5k rp, you get that reward, if you bought 3500 and spent 6500 you get the one for 5000, it's been explained as an either or thing.
Ah I see. I was under the impression I would need to spend the RP.

Gr1mReAp3r7

10-19-2012

this is confusing like you buy new rp and u get the icon or you spend rp???

Blue Creme Soda

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewarden View Post
Ah I see. I was under the impression I would need to spend the RP.
Yeah it's a little confusing the way they've chosen to do this and it says in the OP here that it's for purchasing RP, so if you buy it's good.

I'm just a little bummed that I bought mine literally the day before they decided to have this. It's one of those things that there has to be a cut off somewhere, but if you're going to announce something AFTER it's decided to go into effect it just leaves a sour taste for most people, whether it's just disappointing or rage. haha. And some of us can't just "spend more" like some people say.

Seņor Kalivos

10-19-2012

Purchase 7200 RP on September 27th.

Get sad because I missed out on this by 3 days.

Zworden

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2012

and i think the summoner icon will be available for ip O_o

Seņor Kalivos

10-19-2012

Not available for IP.

But on the dev tracker they've mentioned how these work with different stacks. If you bought RP before the event started and still have it, spending it during the event will get you the icons when the event ends. So as I only bought enough RP to cover up to the tier 4 reward and have it all to spend still, and as cool looking as the tier 5 reward is, I don't feel like investing that much for just one more icon. But I am happy I checked out that tracker.

lTyraxl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2012

Please answer me: I bought a ton of RP in September I believe. I still have about 3k around. If I spend all of it in october, will I get icons. Or is this Strictly for purchases during the month?

Shawn Wood

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Yes it will apply to any way that you purchase RP.
ok. let ssay i buy $50 worth with my card. does the pretty big bonus Rp count toward my 10k? or does it have to be all base Rp?

Shawn Wood

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDeltaWolf View Post
Riot I will honestly pay double the RP if these weren't limited edition, thats my opinion.
Well I'm going to buy $10 or maybe $20 this week
Thank You Riot though...
Peace

EDIT
Will the refund option work to get these icons?
you dont buy the icons. the icons are a gift for buying the Rp. you buy 10k, get tier 5 automatically. you dont buy the icon.

TheWheatOne

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Wood View Post
you dont buy the icons. the icons are a gift for buying the Rp. you buy 10k, get tier 5 automatically. you dont buy the icon.
Agreed. Its obviously free if you only need to spend money to get it as a bonus. Wait.....