Earn Sinister Summoner Icons with RP Purchases

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BloodyChillz

10-19-2012

so if i were to buy rp right now would that mean until the patch i will get the ward and the icon? Or do i have to wait after the patch then purchase rp?

Senyin

10-19-2012

I am sorry but No. Simply No.
Who the hell is going to pay 70 dollars for ICONS?

You barely have much of a choice of icons as it is, you need to just give them out.

This is what you need to do, just put the bundle up in the store for 260-530 RP, or however you wish to do it. Leave it up only during the Halloween event just like the skins so that players can collect it just like some people collect the holliday skins.

But Riot, a tiny little icon with a tiny little picture that doesn't do jack sh*t isn't worth 70 bucks.

Hell, half the skins you have arn't even worth the 975 RP (Around 10 bucks).
Especially the Legendary Skin for Twisted Fate! That defiantly is NOT worth 20 bucks!

Gingipride

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBombeRx View Post
RETARDED.

Why do I have to buy 10k rp to get these 5? I've already bought 15krp and have everything I want.

Why isn't this based off of lifetime RP bought instead of between oct and nov?
Absolutely ludacris! And I JUST bought RP on 9/30 with no possible chance of getting rewarded because RIOT is greedy and wants more money.

Jollyroger1721

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leib Olmai View Post
Wow, and we can't even buy those Icon either if we already have RP sitting since a while ?

God Riot this year is a total mess for you.
October 1st was a good while ago. They are being generous to be honest. You could always buy RP now since the Halloween skins, new champion and wards are due for release. It's free stuff for RP which most people buy ANYWAY. If they wanted to screw us they would do it after the release of limited time skins and wards knowing that we would buy them both anyway. But no, they are giving us FREE rewards for something most will buy ANYWAY for the limited skins and such. Stop complaining and thank them.

Also, with the number of people who watched the live stream, League's number of active players, etc I think this year is a little better than a mess for Riot.

Kerbere

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senyin View Post
I am sorry but No. Simply No.
Who the hell is going to pay 70 dollars for ICONS?
Hello?? The icons are a bonus for buying the RP you just bought. You are not "buying" the icons. You get the icons PLUS what ever you want with all that RP (Skins, Rune pages, etc) I would think getting these icons in addition to all that is a great idea. :P

Bewarden

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeeksNaman View Post
  • Tier 1 (any RP amount): Spiteful Specter
  • Tier 2 (1,000+ RP): Baleful Grasp plus Tier 1
  • Tier 3 (2,500+ RP): Death Mask plus Tiers 1-2
  • Tier 4 (5,000+ RP): Deadfall Treant plus Tiers 1-3
  • Tier 5 (10,000+ RP): Vengeful Wraith plus Tiers 1-4
Let me get this straight, from October 1st to November 13th, in order for me to get Tier 5, I have to spend close to $100. Let's break this down:

October 1 to November 13 = 51 days
Spend $10 for new champ every two weeks = 14 days (approximately)
$10 USD = 1380 RP
In 51 days, close to 3 new champ.
$10 USD * 3 purchases of RP = 4140

According to this, I'll be at Tier 3. This is if I want to purchase Riot Points for new champs which I hardly do because I accumulated enough Influence Points.

However, I have purchased over $100 worth Riot Points in the past and I was never rewarded for it. Now, you are offering a reward. I feel like I was cheated out and Riots are looking ways to get more money instead of caring about their previous "customers".

Zucune

Recruiter

10-19-2012

Wait... will this work for gift cards too?

Kerbere

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewarden View Post

However, I have purchased over $100 worth Riot Points in the past and I was never rewarded for it. Now, you are offering a reward. I feel like I was cheated out and Riots are looking ways to get more money instead of caring about their previous "customers".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
In the next several months you will have access to rewards that other don't because of your lifetime RP spending. This particular promotion has nothing to do with lifetime RP spending.
Please please don't think Riot doesn't care about their customers. It won't be fair to them for all the awesome they have given to us in this game and for awesome things still to come in the future. Thanks.

Bewarden

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbere View Post
Please please don't think Riot doesn't care about their customers. It won't be fair to them for all the awesome they have given to us in this game and for awesome things still to come in the future. Thanks.
I didn't say they didn't care. These are Summoner Icons and I believe they should have rewarded them to all Riot Point customers in the past. Not recently.

Mantheon Mandrop

10-19-2012

Didnt relize I bought 6800 already since october 1st so far. Too addicted to this game. O well il buy my last 3200 when i get paid on the 1st .