Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Earn Sinister Summoner Icons with RP Purchases

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fusrodahn

10-18-2012

mmm....I wish Vengeful wraith was a lower tier, but oh well. I like the Spiteful specter a lot.

VoltNinjA

Senior Recruiter

10-18-2012

Quote:
Hippalus:
The summoner icons will be permanently given to players who purchase RP during the qualifying period.

fak youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

i have 20k rp saved up and i won't be able to spend it.

Yamanga

10-18-2012

so greedy :/

Zer0Limit

10-18-2012

I already have 3k rp in my account so no point in spending more. Another dumb idea gj riot.

Psyren136

10-18-2012

omg why is everyone complaining? you dont have to spend real money to get the wards. if you happen to buy rp within the time frame then you get the summoner icons as a bonus. it rewards those who do buy rp.

netex

10-18-2012

Quote:
Hippalus:
The summoner icons will be permanently given to players who purchase RP during the qualifying period.

No decisions have been made on whether these or other summoner icons will be available for future events.

I just bought 5k RP about an hour ago.
Where are my icons ???

Rannxz

10-18-2012

Wait, does it count previous RP purchases or do I need to purchase over 10000 RP in less than a week to get all the icons?

Just curious.

DrMrStark

10-18-2012

Quote:
Hippalus:

No decisions have been made on whether these or other summoner icons will be available for future events.

Hippalus, why can't you make it to include the RP bonus sale dates, man? I haven't used any RP since then. I'm sitting on over 10,000 RP. Why would I need to buy 10,000 more?

Falseshadow

10-18-2012

The Championship Riven summoner icon is a prime example of why this promotion, along with the temporary ward skins, is a terrible idea. It makes more sense to give out icons based on participation and dedication to the game itself, than to simply "buy" them through large RP purchases.

If you really want an icon for something, give it to the people who play the game, support the community, and cheer on their favourite professional team, whether at home or live at the competition.

Show people that you appreciate their dedication and loyalty to the game, not the depth of their pockets.

Blackthorn

10-18-2012

Quote:
Hippalus:

Sir, did you think of the quality before you decided on the tiers? At there current state I'd say buying 5 dollars worth of RP should grant you access to all of them.