Viability of Duo Mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Furry NA

10-18-2012

I've been thinking more and more on this.

The ability to shut down their main tower (99% of games we all go for mid as the main push) is strong, and if you have two sustainable laners (bot/top), a Jungler can feed them as they outlevel.

Essentially as it is now, but instead of duo bot, duo mid... It's been done before for ****s and giggles, but...

Ever think it actually might be more than "fun"? Perhaps the better way to play? Thoughts?

Also of note thinking; the most notable time was the championship game with Blitzcrank. Think it's viable/possible without Blitz? Moreso? Less so? Maybe he'd be better solo-botting due to his shield?

MarlaMazzyHope

10-18-2012

Championship game this year? Id like to watch it.

Best Furry NA

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlaMazzyHope View Post
Championship game this year? Id like to watch it.
Can't remember which; it was an earlier one.

Best Furry NA

10-19-2012

Bump

Best Furry NA

10-20-2012

Bump again.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2012

The problem with this is the level advantage. Frankly, most AP Mids (worth their grain) would decimate any AD/Support combo you send mid.

Once they hit level 6, not only do they outrange you they probably have 2 levels on you. Lets just throw a few commons mids: Ahri, Lux, LeBlanc, Morgana

Ahri: She'll be able to poke you with her Q all day long and you won't be able to say anything. You cannot tower dive her because she will Taunt you under it.

Lux: She can easily poke you all day and still farm, because when you run in she q's you when you get close enough(Don't feed me that its a skillshot, dodge it bs because I'd bet you money I could hit you with at least 90% of my snares where you are chasing me. ) Again, you're not towerdiving Lux either.

LeBlanc: You'll probably deny her until she gets level 2. Then she will jump in and poke you. When she hits 6 she's going to kill one of you and wait for CD to kill the other. Good luck tower diving Leb and living.

Morgana: She's just going to laugh as she farms and makes it annoying for you to last hit. And once she hits 6 you're both dead.

Now, lets say you're going to debate using a non support character for mid. First of all you're sacrificing the main role associated with wards. It will NEVER be the meta for everyone to pick up slack on wards, despite I try and ward as every role because no role should bear all that responsibility.

Secondly: You're going to be battling for last hits while keeping mid from poking you. Meaning you are both being put further behind. Though, in this scenario if you make it to late game, as the same if you kill lane bot, you will be the stronger team.

Also your AP Mid bottom is going to suffer, because they have a lot further to go to get that farm. Bottom has a lot of room to chase the mid instead of them poking and last hitting at a safe distance. Even if they are successful at getting last hits, their jungler is going to eat them alive.

Not to mention top isn't just a farm lane for them, they can come down to gank mid and usually support/ad combos are less mobile and there is two of which you can catch. Also, your support is going to have to double ward both bushes to keep from getting eaten.

I'm not saying it cannot work, but in competitive play it will not. The meta is meant to be broken, but right now characters are designed FOR the meta, the meta is not being made from characters. Have you noticed now when riot releases a character they usually state "This character is primarily _____ and _____"?

Not saying they cannot be used for what they are not made for, I'm just stating its hard to change a meta that's constantly being reinforced by the creators.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

10-20-2012

In one of the matches in the world championship, blue team did a bot/top swap, and red team did a bot/mid swap.

So top lane was ADcarry+Support vs Bruiser
Mid lane was APcarry vs ADcarry+support
and Bot lane was Bruiser vs APcarry

I can't remember who won. The support for purple team (with the duo mid) was Sona.