My problem with new TT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Harlequin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2012

Bump.

Para

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Burns View Post
We did NOT need a dominion speed pad. I don't know what you were trying to add to the gameplay by adding relics, but it's just useless.

The visual upgrades are beautiful. Quality of life changes against turtling is great. Putting all the camps in the middle? not so much. Making the jungle easy again...not a fan, but alot of people asked for it.

Twisted Treeline and a good majority of its player base were pretty happy about having a red buff, other buffs and camps all over the map.

Overall, I'm not too happy about the changes so far. And it sucks because TT is pretty much 90% of my games. Having to head back to SR when I don't really like the way the map is played just sucks overall.

You kept the map fast-paced and aggressive, so props on that. But I question some of the changes you decided to make and would very much like to know why they happened.

EDIT: The more I play, the less I'm liking the map. The objectives (relics) really need to get out as well as the speed pad. I LOVE the new Boss tho.

And as someone pointed out...there are no wards anymore. Are you serious Riot? Did you just really do that? Moving from a lane to another in an instant because the mid jungle pathing is basically all free space AND we have no wards anymore? The old TT was all about good positioning, frequent warding of key areas, etc. It felt like there were strategies that could be developed. I'm sure the same can be said of the new TT, however we technically have less room than before with the giant part of the top jungle that you removed(why even do that? Your argument was that junglers could have just one area to clear so they could gank more. I'm sorry, I play the old TT jungle and it's extremely gank heavy. That top part of the jungle is very very very VERY important and you took it out completely. WHAT?) and the fact that the mid jungle is all free space with a speed pad...it's just...no. Just no. What have you done to TT?

I'm sorry but I will not be playing this new map once it gets out and it makes me ridiculously upset that this isnt just a new map on its own (one that I would avoid at all cost). It's like you took it in your own hands to revamp the map without consulting experienced TT players. What made the map slightly unbalanced was the ability to turtle. Some might even say a hard jungle made it so that only a few champs could clear it. I can live with those changes. If it brings more diversity in picks, that's great. But...speed pad, relics, no red buff, no top jungle, free space mid, no wards...I can't live with that. It ruined my favorite map.
I like how you saying what you don't like but provide no logical reasoning why you don't like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risemix View Post
Current TT strategies are almost all useless. The map is very different. It's very fun, but it is a very different experience. People who were attached to the old TT are going to be disappointed.

I don't think the new TT is bad by any means, but I agree the speed pad feels superfluous and unnecessary. Put red buff there again instead and I think people will be happier.

A few things:

- Laning feels almost honorary in the new TT. Everyone goes to a lane, but it's just for show. You can spend very little time actually in lane.

- Some of the new items make certain champions like unkillable. I played Riven, rushed the new AD caster item and a senguine blade, and the constant healing made it very difficult to kill me without grievous wounds.

- The jungle is small and there's not much to do. Ganking is almost always better.

- You can solo the spider, but not until later in the game. It's a little stronger than the old dragon. There's also very little (well, zero) coverage top. Clutch spider kills are going to be a lot harder to escape from. Shaco and Tryndamere can't solo it and then disappear into the jungle anymore, so that's nice.

- Casters feel better to play.
I honestly do not think putting a red buff there will make the map any better. Infact it will just help tilt the scales towards bruisers again.

Sex King

10-22-2012

As a Lee Sin and Jax player, the removal of wards is excruciatingly painful. I rely heavily on Wriggles and wards for a nice escape mechanism. I would be very happy if there was an item, say the new lantern (I can't remember what it's called, but the one that builds the same as Wriggles) gave an allied unit that you could target. Sure it isn't as powerful as warding since it has a one minute cooldown, but it wouldn't hurt Lee Sin nearly as much.

I also don't mind the speed pad, but it seems like it would be a better use of space to have an additional camp there. Not necessarily a buff camp, but a single camp that makes it so whoever is able to get it has a slight gold edge on any opposing jungler. In Summoners Rift, there's the dragon which can be taken at practically any point in the game after 6 minutes (or sooner with Fiddlesticks), and I don't see why TT can't have something similar.

The complete removal of all the buff camps is kind of unfortunate, but it's understandable. There's no reason why an AD Carry should be able to catch up with Singed just because they have white buff and red buff. Buffs that only affect damage really should stay though, as it gives an incentive to keep your jungle cleared.

In the base, the spawn wall is a tad close to the nexus turret. Long range champions like Tristana and Karthus can easily harass the enemy off of the turret from the safety of their spawn wall. It's also annoying how you can't flash over the wall that lies between the jungle and the base though, since that alone got me killed a few times in the new Twisted Treeline. I guess they achieved the goal of making the jungle more dangerous. I think you should at least be able to flash over it from tri-brush though.

Otherwise, I think it's a great idea to introduce new items to the map since late game Warwick is practically impossible to shut down with most champions, The addition of the item that applies on-hit greivous wounds alone is enough to balance the playing field for Warwick, Sion and Yorick. The chokepoint relief is also fantastic, especially now that you can't flash over that jungle wall.

All in all, I foresee champions like Teemo and Shaco are going to become a lot more popular on this map because of their sight granting traps.

The Harlequin

10-24-2012

Bump

The Harlequin

10-26-2012

Bump

Booker DeWitt

10-26-2012

you act like TT is ruined i played it alot and personally love the new map and as someone who played the old 3v3s alot i think riot has done a good job you are only complaining because ALL you played was TT and that is inherently the issue. Everything you knew has been changed and all the advantage you had and strategies you used are no longer as viable. Simply learn new strategies as this new map has made alot of champs viable and fights occur alot and more often and i love it.

Jack Label

10-26-2012

Like most people said, the feeling is quite different.
I played almost exclusively 3v3s and I'm kinda disappointed. I even started playing 5v5 because TT doesn't satisfy me anymore.
No more strategies, no more wards, no more tricky flash over walls; basically, it feels rather more like a big arena where the pace is so fast that you don't really understand anything that happens. You move, you kill, you die, repeat.

It feels less rewarding to win but just as much frustrating to lose.
I kinda wish there would be an option "Old TT" so that people could choose between one map or another.

OnlyBotLane

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBH Cicero View Post
you act like TT is ruined i played it alot and personally love the new map and as someone who played the old 3v3s alot i think riot has done a good job you are only complaining because ALL you played was TT and that is inherently the issue. Everything you knew has been changed and all the advantage you had and strategies you used are no longer as viable. Simply learn new strategies as this new map has made alot of champs viable and fights occur alot and more often and i love it.
So they should do the same to Dominion then? Because there are imbalances in places on the map they should throw it away? Next time someone finds an exploit on SR they should throw that out too.

Now I'm not saying change wasn't needed but, your argument doesn't make sense. We have a right to be upset, they completely changed our map to the point where it doesn't even feel like I am playing the same game. That woudln't ever fly in SR so why should it be okay for TT?

And why oh why did they release a Beta game and get rid of a finished game? And why did they release it before the end of season before the ladders are even locked? Ranked games are going to be a mess with no one of the same skill levels but still of the same Elos. It seems like they were going with greed on this one releasing it just before halloween and tieing in a bunch of skins to go with it rather than waiting for it to be ready and doing the responisble thing.