My problem with new TT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Harlequin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

We did NOT need a dominion speed pad. I don't know what you were trying to add to the gameplay by adding relics, but it's just useless.

The visual upgrades are beautiful. Quality of life changes against turtling is great. Putting all the camps in the middle? not so much. Making the jungle easy again...not a fan, but alot of people asked for it.

Twisted Treeline and a good majority of its player base were pretty happy about having a red buff, other buffs and camps all over the map.

Overall, I'm not too happy about the changes so far. And it sucks because TT is pretty much 90% of my games. Having to head back to SR when I don't really like the way the map is played just sucks overall.

You kept the map fast-paced and aggressive, so props on that. But I question some of the changes you decided to make and would very much like to know why they happened.

EDIT: The more I play, the less I'm liking the map. The objectives (relics) really need to get out as well as the speed pad. I LOVE the new Boss tho.

And as someone pointed out...there are no wards anymore. Are you serious Riot? Did you just really do that? Moving from a lane to another in an instant because the mid jungle pathing is basically all free space AND we have no wards anymore? The old TT was all about good positioning, frequent warding of key areas, etc. It felt like there were strategies that could be developed. I'm sure the same can be said of the new TT, however we technically have less room than before with the giant part of the top jungle that you removed(why even do that? Your argument was that junglers could have just one area to clear so they could gank more. I'm sorry, I play the old TT jungle and it's extremely gank heavy. That top part of the jungle is very very very VERY important and you took it out completely. WHAT?) and the fact that the mid jungle is all free space with a speed pad...it's just...no. Just no. What have you done to TT?

I'm sorry but I will not be playing this new map once it gets out and it makes me ridiculously upset that this isnt just a new map on its own (one that I would avoid at all cost). It's like you took it in your own hands to revamp the map without consulting experienced TT players. What made the map slightly unbalanced was the ability to turtle. Some might even say a hard jungle made it so that only a few champs could clear it. I can live with those changes. If it brings more diversity in picks, that's great. But...speed pad, relics, no red buff, no top jungle, free space mid, no wards...I can't live with that. It ruined my favorite map.

Bittlez

10-18-2012

I personally am in love with the single speed pad.

It makes my trundle jungle gankle that much more appealing.. Specially since I sometimes have to cross into the enemy jungle for the "loop around" for a gank. It gives that boost so that if he sees me, i might still just make it there on time.

Solid Rook

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

I haven't played the beta, But I'm going to go ahead and comment anyway. I loved the old twisted treeline. ESPECIALLY the jungle. I liked SR until the jungle remake, and I feel like TT is the only place left that has the feel that the jungle is still a dangerous place to be. Like a real jungle.

The old TT needed a fountain fix to make turtling more difficult, and visual upgrades are always sweet, but did it really need more? The jungle being placed up top meant that champs had relative safety bottom lane with a single ward, that jungling was a gamble to be balanced with xp sharing, and that not having a jungle was not the end all of the game. I like the strategic elements of TT, I hope the changes won't take away the old feel.

infinite azure

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Rook View Post
I haven't played the beta, But I'm going to go ahead and comment anyway. I loved the old twisted treeline. ESPECIALLY the jungle. I liked SR until the jungle remake, and I feel like TT is the only place left that has the feel that the jungle is still a dangerous place to be. Like a real jungle.

The old TT needed a fountain fix to make turtling more difficult, and visual upgrades are always sweet, but did it really need more? The jungle being placed up top meant that champs had relative safety bottom lane with a single ward, that jungling was a gamble to be balanced with xp sharing, and that not having a jungle was not the end all of the game. I like the strategic elements of TT, I hope the changes won't take away the old feel.
They do, strategy in TT is dead.

Risemix

10-18-2012

Current TT strategies are almost all useless. The map is very different. It's very fun, but it is a very different experience. People who were attached to the old TT are going to be disappointed.

I don't think the new TT is bad by any means, but I agree the speed pad feels superfluous and unnecessary. Put red buff there again instead and I think people will be happier.

A few things:

- Laning feels almost honorary in the new TT. Everyone goes to a lane, but it's just for show. You can spend very little time actually in lane.

- Some of the new items make certain champions like unkillable. I played Riven, rushed the new AD caster item and a senguine blade, and the constant healing made it very difficult to kill me without grievous wounds.

- The jungle is small and there's not much to do. Ganking is almost always better.

- You can solo the spider, but not until later in the game. It's a little stronger than the old dragon. There's also very little (well, zero) coverage top. Clutch spider kills are going to be a lot harder to escape from. Shaco and Tryndamere can't solo it and then disappear into the jungle anymore, so that's nice.

- Casters feel better to play.

Smcl

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ┼zure View Post
They do, strategy in TT is dead.
There are no wards in this new map, there's more strategy than ever. Beyond that the new items and jungle make it so many more champs can be played and actually do well.
The new TT is completely different, I liked the old TT, and I like this one too, but it feels like they should be 2 different game modes.
I'd play both if possible, but I'm pretty sure Riot's only going to keep one =/

Risemix

10-18-2012

To be frank, there was not any real need for the old TT. I loved it too (I did most of my leveling and post-30 play on TT lol) but that's just the cold hard truth.

It basically functioned as Summoner's Rift lite and didn't do it as well. They had an opportunity with TT to do something a little different and I'm glad they did.

There are a few kinks to work out. The speed pad in the middle is weird. I miss jungle buffs, and there should really be at least one. There are a few more things too. But overall I like the direction.

Avalize

10-18-2012

I completely agree, I really only play 3v3 unless we have more than 3 friends playing and the new map just feels far to 'dominionised'

The rune objectives are slightly cool and I get that they're trying to make it faster by having them as fighting points throughout the game but is there really a need when there are fights alot of the time in TT anyway.

The speed boost and lack of jungle buffs just feels pointless, there probably wont be a jungler in normal play anyway and late game there wont be much point in having a jungle with no buffs.

The lanes feel much smaller and consealed and the distance between going from top and bot just feel far to quick. Also the walls in the new map are much bigger which leaves no room for flash escapes or flashing up to top for ganks which is limiting the experience and fun of what TT is supposed to be about.

If they really want to 'fix' TT, I would suggest that keeping the anti-turtling walls and turret/nexus layout but keep the original jungle and layout of the map. The new items are very fitting in the TT playstyle and some are great for countering but some need more balancing with the amount of gold you start off with.

Risemix

10-18-2012

Agreed, flash really feels pretty bad at the moment. :\

The Harlequin

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risemix View Post
Agreed, flash really feels pretty bad at the moment. :\
Actually, that's one of the things I enjoy. Not being forced to pick flash every game is nice. Bringing back the ignite/exhaust combo for very aggressive plays is fun.