Jungling and kreep stats FAQ

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stillhart

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2011

Page 5? Bump!

Stillhart

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2011

Bump because there are a bunch of jungle questions right now.

xpsychedelico

03-08-2011

BUMP. For great glory. Jungling guides need to be submitted!

Edit: You might find some good jungling guides here: http://community-na.static.leagueofl...d.php?t=409506

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

03-08-2011

I'd mention the strategy of leaving one minion in a camp, especially for buff camps, to increase the length of time they have to wait for that camp to spawn. (The respawn timer only starts once the camp has been cleared.)

HoroBoro

03-10-2011

Qs about (potentially) jungling as Shen:

1. Is it possible to do this without any marks (I'm saving up until level 20 for tier 3s)?
2. I really like to stack armor/resist with Shen. Do I really need madreds?
3. This is the guide I'm thinking about working with for a jungling Shen: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...n-edited-24611. Ofc not literally word for word, but at least with respect to masteries. Looks good right?

Just a bit skeptical about jungling as Shen. He's hard to kill and great at saving teammates...but does nothing for damage. Maybe if mobs proced ki strike lol...well I can dream can't I.

SomniumProxy

03-11-2011

1. Is it possible to do this without any marks (I'm saving up until level 20 for tier 3s)?

I don't think the marks will be an issue.

2. I really like to stack armor/resist with Shen. Do I really need madreds?

Generally Shen doesn't go for madreds because he's only an early game jungler. Even if he stays a little bit longer it's mainly for map control because he can dash around and place wards relatively easy. With smite and these wards he is then able to steal buffs/dragon and/or force fights for them. Feel free to build tank without madreds.

3. This is the guide I'm thinking about working with for a jungling Shen: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...n-edited-24611. Ofc not literally word for word, but at least with respect to masteries. Looks good right?

I wouldn't put evasion on Shen because he kinda wants to be hit (for Ki strike refresh). I would instead take hp/level seals. Other than that the build looks good. The author is correct - Shen isn't really fit for a jungler - he can do it, but given the fact that he's a good laner puts him at very little advantage in the jungle. Jungling with Shen is generally used when you don't have any other jungler.If done correctly it's still good for the team, just gives the impression you're using an axe to dig a hole - it works somehow but it's akward.

HoroBoro

03-14-2011

Hey SomniumProxy,

Thanks for the answers. Just wanted to let you know that I did in fact try Shen Jungle with your suggestions. Here are my experiences...

The first game, I forgot to get shadow dash and was useless early game... -_- We were up against a jungle Warwick and I could really feel the difference. I ganked as often as he did, but he killed every time where I would just make the opposing champion unnerved and go back to base lol. Warwick went legendary at one point - we still won thanks to an awesome Caitlyn and Eve. They ignored Ashe for a good long bit and she managed to get a good number of towers. Late game I finally caught up in items and ww can't carry the team especially when I taunt him out of his ulti. I ended up with 3-4-20ish

In the second game, the opposing jungle was Renekton. This time, I was more on top of getting ganks off and helping lanes and Renekton had a bad game getting killed very often. I could really feel the difference as there was also a Shen on the opposing team staying in lane. The blue and red buffs really made a difference in ganking. Then again, I didn't feel much resistance from the opposing team, so...I dk if I was jungling well or if they just weren't countering at all. Game ended pretty quick - went 6-2-17ish. For comparison's sake opposing Shen was 3-5-1 (remembered him insulting his team and I brought up that that he has only one assist O_o).

Overall, I do feel as it was slower to get experience and gold. In the beginning, levels are even. However, when rest of the team was level 9 or 10 for example, I was level 8. I usually go back after all 5 pots are used at around level 3-4. Pick up another cloth armor and some more potions. I really don't feel comfortable about ganking until I'm at least level 5. Also, I feel that teammates are better when I jungle...I'm not sure why. Maybe they can actually cs now that I'm doing something else lol...or maybe I just got really good MUs.

So followup questions:

1. I definitely did not ward as much as when I lane. When/where should I ward? At level 1 I feel like I really need those 5 pots and armor. Should I pick up a few wards when I go back? Also, where should I ward? Their Golem? Their Lizard? Dragon? I feel that dragon is probably best because it'll ward for bot ganks as well.

2. When should I gank? When I see low hp? Or even when they are full once in a while just keep them on their toes?

3. If I see opposing jungle (and likewise he should probably see me), should I call for gank? I'm pretty sure I can't win 1v1 against any other jungle out there.

Thanks, SomniumProxy for the guide and the help. Any anyone else feel free to respond and correct/help me as well. Don't want to seem like I'm trying to have a 1:1 conversation in a forum. I'm kinda liking the jungle . Though I probably need to pick up a jungle specific champ.

Nico Tio

04-21-2011

this is nice i never actually know how to jungle properly.

SomniumProxy

10-16-2011

Updated with new champions.

Xenres

06-19-2012

jungling is easy