Jungling and kreep stats FAQ

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

R66Y

10-19-2010

Wow, I have been gone for a while. Nice to see you get your guide up SP. Good job.

I would suggest adding a note about covering lanes (unless I missed it). Jungling is great, but if they aren't helping the lanes at all then their effectiveness is limited. A great jungler can balance jungling, ganking, and covering lanes.

SomniumProxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by R66Y View Post
Wow, I have been gone for a while. Nice to see you get your guide up SP. Good job.

I would suggest adding a note about covering lanes (unless I missed it). Jungling is great, but if they aren't helping the lanes at all then their effectiveness is limited. A great jungler can balance jungling, ganking, and covering lanes.
On it :P Just finished an other article XD Going with the in-depth strategy next, then maybe an update for overall simplification and going for Twisted treeline ^^

Btw where are you man, I noticed you added me as a friend in game, but haven't seen you online ever since. All's well I hope?

Stillhart

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2010

Jungling question: Obviously, Madred's Razor is super important for jungling. After a while you can upgrade to either Bloodrazor or Wriggle's. The thing is, with Wriggle's the proc stays the same but with Bloodrazor the proc changes: FROM a 15% chance to do 500 dmg (to minions) TO a 100% chance to do 4% max hp to everyone. My math-fu tells me the break even point is 1875hp for the same effective damage. (0.15 * 500 * [100/4] = 1875)

So the question is, how many HP do the various minions have? Obviously the lane minions have fewer HP, but IIRC the Golem and Lizard both have over 2k and the dragon and Baron definitely have more than that. So essentially, you're gimping your ability to decimate creep waves but killing pretty much everything else faster. For 2800 gold.

Wriggles on the other hand, gives you a little bit of life steal and free wards every 3 minutes for 525 gold.

I guess this is one of those "see how the game is going" kind of decisions. 2800 is a lot to spend but that 4%-max-HP damage can be brutal on HP-heavy teams. I guess if you don't really need it, it's a no-brainer to upgrade to Wriggles.

Okay so that turned into more theory-crafting than a question. Just thought it might bear mentioning.

SomniumProxy

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillhart View Post
Jungling question: Obviously, Madred's Razor is super important for jungling. After a while you can upgrade to either Bloodrazor or Wriggle's. The thing is, with Wriggle's the proc stays the same but with Bloodrazor the proc changes: FROM a 15% chance to do 500 dmg (to minions) TO a 100% chance to do 4% max hp to everyone. My math-fu tells me the break even point is 1875hp for the same effective damage. (0.15 * 500 * [100/4] = 1875)

So the question is, how many HP do the various minions have? Obviously the lane minions have fewer HP, but IIRC the Golem and Lizard both have over 2k and the dragon and Baron definitely have more than that. So essentially, you're gimping your ability to decimate creep waves but killing pretty much everything else faster. For 2800 gold.

Wriggles on the other hand, gives you a little bit of life steal and free wards every 3 minutes for 525 gold.

I guess this is one of those "see how the game is going" kind of decisions. 2800 is a lot to spend but that 4%-max-HP damage can be brutal on HP-heavy teams. I guess if you don't really need it, it's a no-brainer to upgrade to Wriggles.

Okay so that turned into more theory-crafting than a question. Just thought it might bear mentioning.

For starters, Lantern increases your chance from 15% to 20% :P Furthermore, Bloodrazros has a cap concerning neutral monsters of over 4000 hp. Basically it will always deal 160 bonus damage to Baron. With this in mind, even tho 160> 20%*500, for me Lantern is the better jungle item due to ward effectiveness and cheap cost. However, many of the champions will prefer Bloodrazors simply because it's a great combat item.

It's a very tough decision and most DPS should probably go for bloodrazors. Keep in mind tho that not all junglers are DPS. And not only that, but on Twisted Treeline, for example, being able to jungle fast and effectively is of upmost importance. Wards are double and waiting for Bloodrazros would be suicide considering the early game nature of TT. That's why you'll see lantern there a lot more often than bloodrazors =) I think you have the rest figured out, so I decided to mention just the missing parts :P

R66Y

10-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomniumProxy View Post
On it :P Just finished an other article XD Going with the in-depth strategy next, then maybe an update for overall simplification and going for Twisted treeline ^^

Btw where are you man, I noticed you added me as a friend in game, but haven't seen you online ever since. All's well I hope?
Combination of things including burn out and life being hectic. I haven't played in a couple of weeks honestly, and probably only played a dozen games in the last month and a half. Most of the people i played with regularly have moved on to other games (SC2 and Halo reach mostly).

Maybe I'll reinstall it this weekend and see if we can't get a game together. Be cool to get a group of newbie forum regulars together to play.

Stillhart

10-22-2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQEaZ3aqXwE

Video of Rammus clearing one side of the jungle in 2 minutes. I dunno if it's worth buying all kind of runes just for this build, or why you'd even want a jungle Rammus, but it looks fun.

EDIT - Made possible by the recent buff.

xpsychedelico

10-22-2010

Rammus has always been a pretty weak laner, so jungling is a good option for him, and he's a great ganker with powerball and taunt, so it really makes people worry about Rammus running in out of nowhere and disabling them. It's kind of like WW's ult where he can pop out of a brush suddenly without you knowing or having the time to react (especially if you don't ward).

SomniumProxy

10-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillhart View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQEaZ3aqXwE

Video of Rammus clearing one side of the jungle in 2 minutes. I dunno if it's worth buying all kind of runes just for this build, or why you'd even want a jungle Rammus, but it looks fun.

EDIT - Made possible by the recent buff.
heh rammus was always able to jungle XD I just forgot to mention him ^^" thanks for the reminder :P

SomniumProxy

10-25-2010

updated :P

SomniumProxy

10-26-2010

Added a map of neutrals on SR.... can someone find me an overview of Twisted Treeline so I can work with it? Would be really nice. A tip on how to extract it from game files would work as well.