Ziggs or Ahri

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XxSIasher

04-10-2013

I'm trying to decide, I like both of the champions a lot.But I can't decide which one to get. I've heard Ziggs is more noob friendly and easier to use,also one of the most fun champions.But Ahri is really strong with really nice skills,only bad thing is it's banned a LOT (as I have heard)
Please give your input.Also please do not give me the "use the one you like more" answer because right now I can't decide.Also note that I started this game a week ago and am still noob with roles and terms in this game.

Fate000

04-10-2013

Ahri isn't really banned a lot anymore. You know, the only answer to this question is 'which one do you enjoy more?'... You can get good at any champion, as long as you have fun with them, even if they're difficult (similarly to me picking up Vayne to ADC, even if I hardly ever ADC...).

Ziggs has better area control and zoning capabilities (zoning is forcing them away from the minions so they can't lasthit). Ahri has much better CC (that taunt!) and burst capabilities though.

Speaking of lasthitting, work on it! Your end-of-game scores (you are XxSiasher, right?) show that you simply autoattack the enemy minions (I think), which is not what you're supposed to do. I know that makes little sense (don't attack the enemy army you n00b~! Games are weird sometimes.) but you're supposed to attack minions only to deal the last hit. Why? Only the person to deal the last hit to a minion gets any gold.

Oh, and read guides! mobafire.com, solomid.net and lolking.net are good websites to learn more about champions and their skill builds. Really, read guides. It helps a ton.

I see a lot of bad choices in your match history (Trinity Force Veigar?). But that's okay - no-one starts knowing each build. That's the point of guides!

After a few months you'll be able to devise builds for champions by yourself. Until then, and I cannot stress this enough, guides will help you. so. much!

Well, end generic tips for newbies.

Nanoha Magica

04-10-2013

Get Zed or Kha'Zix, both of them are better mids.

XxSIasher

04-10-2013

Fate000 Like I said I've started last week but due to test I barley play so that's why I'm nooby. On the other hand thanks for the advice,Also I read some guides but they were pretty old so I am asking just in case things in the game have changed.

Fate000

04-10-2013

Mobafire guides tend to be fairly recent, and generally extremely good and detailed, but for some champions they are horrible (*cough cough* Khazzy). So I used them when I was new, and they worked fine.

Be sure to read why the person does X instead of just doing X blindly, though. That's third-most-common noob mistake, blindly following cookie-cutter without knowing the reasons (top two would be glaringly bad choices like AD Lux, as well as autoing creeps over lasthitting).

Experimenting is nice and all, but I'd stick to cookie-cutter builds (or recommended items) until you're sure you know what you're doing.

XxSIasher

04-10-2013

Right now I'm leaning toward Ahri but If I do use it I will need to figure out how to use charm good with the other skills.Let me ask,Which one is better Late game?And which one is better at the start?

XxSIasher

04-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanoha Magica View Post
Get Zed or Kha'Zix, both of them are better mids.
You only said they are better mids didn't explain why though,please do next time.

Fate000

04-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSIasher View Post
Right now I'm leaning toward Ahri but If I do use it I will need to figure out how to use charm good with the other skills.Let me ask,Which one is better Late game?And which one is better at the start?
Ziggs is better late, by a wee bit only. They're both falloffy.

Also, it's not that hard to use Charm with her other skills, as long as you smartcast (to smartcast, go into Key Bindings in the options, and switch Q, W, E and R to Smartcast Spell 1, 2, 3 and 4, respectively. Do so for items and Summoner Spells too). Just hover over them (as long as the way isn't blocked by minions) and hit EQW.

Quote:
You only said they are better mids didn't explain why though,please do next time.
For the record, it's just because melee assassins (Diana, Zed, Kha, Kat) are all the rage right now. Traditional burst mages are not useless by any rate, it's just 'trendy' to play a melee assassin mid.

XxSIasher

04-10-2013

Thanks for explaining this in a way I can understand!

Fate000

04-10-2013

Quote:
Thanks for explaining this in a way I can understand!
For the record, I am completely guilty of the assassin craze. Bring down the Sun!

*ahem*

No problem.