Easy ways to help stop the concept of elo hell

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

steffdahunta

10-17-2012

I've put a great amount of thought into this, as a look down my match history to see positive games, and good scored matches still be losses, I believe to wonder...Why is it so hard to play with players on your own skill level?

The last game I played, at around 1200 elo I found myself playing with summoner who had a total of 9 ranked games, and this highly bothers me. After watching him be 30 minutes in have 33 cs and be 0 and 9 it starts to frustrate me.

For players who have played 300+ games on ranked are still playing with people with 9? Maybe there is some improvement to be found there.

Have elo loss and gain based on more score than just the simple win/loss combo

There are other ways to help judge where players should be placed in ranked elo, when starting off:
-Take simple averages of cs and game scores to help get an overview of where they may need to start out in the elo latter

-Possibly creating a whole new sub-bracket for the first 30 games or so of ranked played, and then position players in the legit bracket based on there sub-bracket performance.

I guess you could call this a rant or whatever, but I just think there are so many options that can be looked into to make the experience just a little bit more fun in solo/duo que. I hope that players that have experienced this, and agree with my viewpoints will help get this forum's word out.
Thanks

t0ad5

10-18-2012

I can appreciate where you are coming from.

However, from playing over 800 dominion games, it is clear that one's personal score does not always reflect contribution to the win. As example: it doesn't take 3 people to cap a turret when there aren't any enemies around. Not being there will mean a loss of possible contribution points to your personal score, however doing something other than 3 man capping an undefended turret will likely be better for your team overall.

For me, it seems the most evident way to improve ranked is simply to change the 30 minute queue timer penatly for dodging obvious trolls/people unwilling to play as a team at champ select.

biIbo

10-18-2012

I don't mind the game actually averaging your cs and k/d/a to actually provide reputable win points or appropriate loss points.

Scary Shrimp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

but remember, these no ranked game guys have to get ranked SOMEHOW,

i don't think cs scores and the like are reliable.

Since most people accumulate around 100+ games by the time they are lvl 30, i believe the normal match elo should be taken into consideration and place you accordingly for your first ranked games.

If you played ranked games before,then you should start normally.

t0ad5

10-18-2012

And support champs...