[Champion Concept] Vox, The Voice

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cask iron Pan

10-17-2012

Quote:
Description

Name: Vox
Roles: Mage, Caster, Support, Ranged

Defense: 3 of 10
Attack: 3 of 10
Abilities: 7 of 10
Difficulty: 9-10 of 10

Stats:
Damage 51.66 (+3 / per level)
Health 380 (+78 / per level)
Mana 250 (+45 / per level)
Move Speed 315
Armor 12 (+3.5 / per level)
Spell Block 30 (+0 / per level)
Health Regen 4.5 (+0.55 / per level)
Mana Regen 7 (+0.6 / per level)
Passive: White Noise: Every ability that is cast in his vicinity gives him a stack of White Noise (stacks up to 7 times). These stacks upgrade his abilities and up to 4 are consumed when he casts a single ability.
For obvious reasons, his own abilities do not give him stacks*

Q: Yell: Vox yells, magically damaging enemies in a cone, closer enemies being damaged more, slowing enemies for a short duration, those facing him are slowed for twice the duration.

Slow: 45%
Duration: 2 seconds / 4 seconds
Range: 650
Damage: 80/110/145/180/220 (+0.5 AP) magic damage. At range 650: 50% of damage

Each White Noise stack increases its range 650 damage by 10% magic damage. At 4 stacks, silences enemies for 1.5 seconds.

Cool Down: 12/11/10/9/8 seconds
Cost: 50/75/100/125/150

W: Wall of Sound: Vox creates a wall of sonic energy damaging enemies over time who walk through it.

Duration of Wall: 5 seconds
Range: 1000
Damage: 110/140/170/200/230 (+0.6 AP) over 10 seconds

Each Stack of White Noise adds 25% damage increase. At 4 stacks Fears enemies who walk through it for 2 second.

CD: 20 seconds
Mana: 150 mana

E: Resonance Frequency: Passive: Vox knows the exact pitch needed to harm his enemies the most efficiency and gains spell pen.

+15% spell pen.

Active: Shares his knowledge of his enemies weakness with his nearby allies, giving them extra spell pen and armor pen for a short duration.

Armor and Spell pen: +5/6/7/10/15%
Aura Range: 700
Duration 5 seconds

White Noise bonus: +0.5% Armor and spell pen per stack: At 4 stacks gives his allies 10% lifesteal and spell vamp.

CD: 17/16/15/14/13
Mana: 75/90/115/145/195

R: Commanders Voice: Vox shouts a command in a line that cannot be ignored, if it hits an enemy champion, Vox takes control of them for a short time, losing control of himself; can be ended early.

Duration: 2/2.5/3 seconds
Can be ended early after 1 second.

The Champion can't be harmed by Vox's allies, but can now be harmed by the enemy.
The Champions out hit effects beneficially affect Vox.
Vox can use the Champion's Q, W, and E abilities (ults and summoners are off limits) without effecting the Champion's mana, or Cool downs (e.g. can't make the champions abilites be on cool down when they get control back) but the skills go on cool down for Vox (Can't spam abilities, unless he's controlling ryze, lol).
If Vox is silenced, knocked up, stunned, killed, or damaged for over a quarter of his total health, the ability is ended early.
Applies status effect: CONTROLLED: can be cleansed or QSS'd out of.

White Noise bonus: Adds .25 second to the Duration. At 4 stacks, this ability has 50% CDR.

Range for Casting: 650
Range for Control: 1500
CD: 150/130/110
Mana: 250/300/450

*if his own abilities gave him stacks he'd always get a minimum of 1 stack on his abilities, because the stack would be immediately consumed.

Quote:
Appearance:

Somewhere in-between the Mouth of Sauron (emphasis on the Mouth, not showing much else), and a Nazgul (very dark, mysterious, the cloak and hood)

http://cghub.com/files/Image/001001-...8_realsize.jpg
Mouth of Sauron face

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...0px-Nazgul.PNG
Nazgul, dark hood and cloak.

Animations:

Auto-Attacking
Vox shouts at the target with his voice, lunging his head forward, his arms thrown back (projectiles are white letters*)

Casting
Q: Almost the same as Auto-Attacking, but for a slightly longer time (white wave in a cone)
W: Vox throws his head back, yells, and throws his hands up, as if raising the wall with his hands (wall is semi-opaque, white, with letters* (more opaque, white) moving through it randomly)
E: No animation
R: Vox yells a (white) word* in a line towards where he cast the ability, on hit, the word swirls around the champion and turns them completely white.

Walking
Walks normally, with his arms bent, forearms stay parallel to the ground.

Idle
for anything less than 5 seconds: just stands there.
after 5 seconds, and every 5 seconds after: Yawns, stretching his arms out and creating a letter* that gets larger until he stops, and almost instantly dissipates

*Letters and Words are in the Galactic Alphabet
link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command...actic_Alphabet
alright, Tell me what you think. Even if it's just one word answers, any and all feedback is great. Thanks for reading!

Cask iron Pan

10-17-2012

Update Log: Posted 8:42 pm PST 10/17/12

10/18/12 Tweaked Q to have a little less utility; turned his white noise bonus from a stun into a silence and removed the silence from his base ability. Special thanks to Nub Destroyerz.

10/19/12 Made many changes: Q removed the knock back, quantified the slow (whoops), W increased the base damage and scaling, changed the passive bonus to damage instead of duration, E changed his active to an spell pen and armor pen aura instead of just spell vamp for Vox, changed the passive bonus and mana cost to fit the new active, R made the champion unable to be harmed by Vox's allies, and gave the enemy team a couple of ways to disrupt his ability, added being able to cleanse out of it, ults are now off limits to Vox, and added a status effect of controlled. (I wanna keep the idea of taking control). Special thanks to Codeh.

10/24/12 Lots of Changes, where to start. Added Base Stats to Description, added Appearance, and Animations. Tweaked a lot of the damage on many abilities, Many significant (imo) changes to the passive bonuses on most skills, Turned the Ult into a skillshot, making it harder to land, rewarding player skill, added a duration to the aura (always forget those details). Special Thanks to Leo Tomita.

Nub Destroyerz

10-17-2012

O my gosh. his q. Thats..... kinda.... too op.

Cask iron Pan

10-18-2012

any suggestions on how to make it less OP? i mean the thing is that he's more of a utility Champ than an actual Damage dealer, and i thought the knock back would combo well with the wall. maybe i'll move the silence to the white noise bonus and get rid of the stun?

Cask iron Pan

10-19-2012

bump

Codeh

10-19-2012

You could just take the knock back on his Q off and make the slow either something like 55% max level for 1s or make it 35% max level for 3s. The mediocre damage makes up for the large utility.

His W is significantly underpowered. At level 1, even with 20 AP to start, that's 3.4 damage per second. You could up the base damage and the scaling with no problem. Especially if the damage lasts over 10 seconds. Make it something more like 110/140/170/200/230 (+.6 AP). This way, the same scenario I mentioned earlier deals 12.2 DPS which is a little more viable. By mid game, ~150 AP, with maxed out W, that's 32 DPS. Which still actually sounds low... hm. You could make it deal 25% additional damage for each passive stack instead of increasing the duration.

Also, the E seems like something that would be hard to make work with the W and with the Ult. What you would want to do with that then is make the Spell Vamp bonus on active something of an aural buff for teammates for 4/5/6/7/8 seconds. Then you might have to pull back the actual Spell Vamp effect to about 4/8/12/16/20%.

The only concern with the ult is that it almost forces enemy champions into a 6v4 with no way to opt out of it. One thing you COULD do with the ult is tap into the enemy champ to make his abilities able to target and damage other enemy champs. With that, you could force an enemy caster to either not fight or run the risk of killing his allies. The duration is perfect, but I would just change this one thing.

This is an awesome idea, love it.

EDIT: Extra note on his Q, you could keep the enemies facing/enemies turned away aspect and make it like the duration is doubled if they are facing him. Also, keep the silence from his passive stacking concept. That's a good idea.

Cask iron Pan

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeh View Post
The only concern with the ult is that it almost forces enemy champions into a 6v4 with no way to opt out of it. One thing you COULD do with the ult is tap into the enemy champ to make his abilities able to target and damage other enemy champs. With that, you could force an enemy caster to either not fight or run the risk of killing his allies. The duration is perfect, but I would just change this one thing.
First off, thanks! For all of the ideas, they were well thought out and his E definitely syncs with his other abilities a lot more.

Secondly, however, I don't want to quite get rid of the idea of control over a champion, but I see what you mean by not being able to opt out of a 4v6, so i gave the enemy some options and made the champion unable to be harmed by Vox's allies.

I'm just having a hard time understanding the above quoted part of your comment; i'm not sure how to make it work that he could cast the enemies abilities, but not completely control them: many champs have direction based abilities that would be extremely hard to land if you couldn't decide where they are going; and you couldn't make them cast an ability that makes them stop moving without making them move.

And it would probably be a 4v5 since Vox couldn't cast any abilities of his own.

Codeh

10-19-2012

It's kind of a tough ult to figure out. I see your point on the 5v4, but then another issue with that is the range on the ability. How far away does he have to be in order for the ult to work? It can't be global. That's OP. If it is far ranged, then it could make for some CRAZY ganks on TF (Ult him, make him pop his ult and tele to where your team is). That's just a funny thought. I'd imagine you're looking for a range that would pertain more to team fights. One thing you might need to do with that is make it so that the controlled enemy's ult is disabled while he is under control. So he can only use Q, W, E. It would also have to be a status effect (CONTROLLED, or the like) so that it could be counter-picked (cleanse, Olaf, Alistar, GP).

The thing about his E is that most LoL champs with remote DoT effects (the main exception being Malzahar) don't work with spell vamp. So that's my only concern there is that his W wouldn't scale off of the Spell Vamp he gains from his E. To make his E more viable IF this would be the case, you could make his ult deal like 200/275/350 (1.0 AP) to the champion you target. This would balance because of how short the duration of control is AND the ability to cancel his ult in the middle of it. That would give your E something else to steal off of.

Cask iron Pan

10-19-2012

I already changed the E to be a armor and spell pen aura, to help his team out more, with a bonus of lifesteal and spell vamp aura.

Okay, yeah i can see that part of the ult, i kind of forgot to put a range on there (whoops), but yeah, i definitely meant it to be more of a Team fight skill. I like the idea of the status effect and the ult being off limits, i'll use those, I think. Thanks.

Cask iron Pan

10-19-2012

bump