[Semi-Open RP] Hostage Rescue: The Streets of Piltover

1234511 ... 26
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Farnbil

09-30-2012

Signups are in this thread, please feel free to join in at any time in the plot. COMBAT PARTY SLOTS ARE FULL.

LATE ARRIVALS ARE TO STAY AT THE PATROL OFFICE UNTIL NEEDED. While at the office, please feel free to TALK WITH THE NONDESCRIPT OFFICER AT THE PATROL STATION AND GRAB A COMLINK, with which your character can communicate with the main party and otherwise explore the evacuated district itself.

STRIKE TEAM:

Al-Khali - Aproxima
Talon - Himself
Morgana - Herself
Malphite - Himself
Veigar - Himself
Pinky - ShadowofChaos
Miez - TwoWeirdYordles
Tali - Syphrus

NPCs:

HGB0 - Piltover Patrol Officer
Ralph - Junior Sheriff of Apatos, only heard through the comlink
Drake - Lieutenant of the Piltover Patrol
Mao - A dancer of Arc-En-Ciel, gone missing inside the theater
Patiere - The lead dancer of Arc-En-Ciel and Mao's mentor. She is worried about her friend's wellbeing

Encountered Enemies:

Piltover Patrol Drone - Reprogrammed by the Platinum Dragon cult to assist in their takeover of the Branstein Memorial Theater.
Blue Buff - A massive blue golem from an ancient era, wields a big sword with a gorilla like swinging arm.
Platinum Dragon Machinist - The lowest rank of the Platinum Dragon cult, these grunts carry steam rifles into battle. Ironically, they are few in number.
Red Buff - Another big golem like Blue Buff, assaults enemies from long range before finishing with a fiery charge.
Platinum Dragon Saint

LATE ARRIVALS

Louanna and Hevna - Dirilan
Yoshi - Yoshi
-
-

A night on Piltover

As if the essence of the sun had been pulled down and plastered onto a single building, the flashing lights of the Branstein Memorial Theatre stood as a towering pillar of pomp and stylishness. It sat amongst other the other lively shops and bars of the Apatos Commerce Center, crammed in between the white towers of Piltover proper. The night was long since settled in the air while the theatre stood as the structure heartily mocked the darkness' effort to shroud its aged, regal architecture.

Several blocks away sits the unassuming white box of an office building that is the Apatos Patrol Office in its full two stories. Large windows at the front revealed several desks and lampshades brightly lit. The pencil pushers manning them were in a panic, as the ampitheater hostage crisis was in it's climax.

An assembly of mercenaries, vigilantes, and other hired hands waited on the front sidewalk, free from cheering admirers and fervent boos thanks to a perimeter of Piltover Patrol golems which had evacuated the entire district days prior.

From the matte gray door of the office building emerged a diminutive construct of glistening metal which reflected the incandescent lights of the surrounding city in streaks of white. It resembled a yordle knight in shining armor. A gunblade was saddled on its waist while the shield was held fast to its left arm. A single gleaming eye scanned the hired help with emerald light.

"GREETING FLESHLINGS..." he warbled in a shrill chirping yet oppressively artificial voice. "...AND ROCKY PERSON, AND GLOB OF JELLY. I AM HGB0 OF THE APATOS PILTOVER PATROL. THANK YOU FOR ACCEPTING THE JOB OFFER, AND WELCOME TO PILTOVER."

HG made a salute with his free hand. "OUR STANDING COMMISSAR HAS BEEN GRIEVOUSLY INJURED TWO DAYS AGO AND CANNOT SUPERVISE THIS MISSION. MY USER, LIEUTENANT BILLY BOBSON IS IN CHARGE UNTIL HIS RECOVERY."

A nondescript officer of Piltover, wearing a decidedly utilitarian armor vest, appeared from the door carrying a briefcase. He presented it to the party. "As part of your reward for undertaking this mission, you are to be made honorary members of the Piltover Patrol. Here are your earpieces from which you can communicate with the DM Mobile HQ up ahead."

To each party member, HGB0 and the officer present a tiny earpiece which attaches via a clip. It can be placed anywhere on the body and still provide a clear, crisp sound to both the wearer and the receiver. As you listen in on the signal, a buzzing can be heard, followed by the voice of an obviously angry man of prominence.

"Dammit HG, there's not enough time! I am Sheriff Ralph Buttekys! My text will appear in bold lettering and I'm here to hand-hold you greens through this mission. HG! Get on with the honorary tooty fruity and send these soldiers of fortune to the ampitheater before I whip your sissy metal hoohahs and no-nos into a fine mist! Ladies and gentlemen of my beloved Piltover Patrol, give me your names and titles and whatnot!"

TheShadowOfChaos

09-30-2012

Pinky then somehow sends a message of his own using a translator given to him by Phantom to translate the bloby sounds into words.

Quote:
My name is Pinky...THE SLIME . I am here to help you catch the bad people and save good ones. Now if you can, please brief me on the situation that is happening, eery detail would be grateful. I will require full info to know how to deal with this threat to society...and to give hugs...many hugs..did you know that I love hugs. Anyways that is all.

Farnbil

09-30-2012

((Please note that this device only transmits sound))

TheShadowOfChaos

09-30-2012

((Oh really then I'll just switch it around that Pinky is speaking into a translator that Phantom gave him....imagine a cutesy high-pitchish voice.))

Captain Amatea

09-30-2012

Malphite fiddles with the tiny device before securing it in his rocky mouth, lodged between his teeth.

"Yes. Malphite here. Hello. And hello to everyone else."

Ask The Ebil

09-30-2012

Veigar equips the device the HGB0 give him on his ear. The main purpose of Veigar joining this mission was to exam the Piltover Defenses and try to take home one of the rampaging robots. Possibly able to clone the robots

"WHAT YOU NEVER HEARD OF ME I'M VEIGAR THE MASTER OF EVIL THE CORRUPTER OF COSMOS. SO WHEN ARE WE HUNTING ROBOTS?"

Farnbil

09-30-2012

A shock of static bursted into the ears of all the comlink users.

HUGGING!? DAMNIT THERE'S NOT ENOUGH TIME! FOR HUGGING! Still, I can sense greatness in this one.

YOU LAZY ROCKHEAD! YOU WON'T LAST A MINUTE AGAINST THESE CULTISTS! I've seen you in League matches and though I can say that you're a real go-getter, I can't say much about your wit though...

SHUT UP! YOU CAN'T OUT-YELL ME YA EGOTISTIC MISCREANT! I AM THE SHERIFF AROUND HERE, below Caitlyn...but besides her I AM THE LAW. I like your spirit! Yes, It would be my honor to unleash your power to wreck some metal ass for the Piltover patrol.

Now when everyone signs in, I can get the ball rolling! WHAT ARE YA, DEAF!?

Dear Morgana

09-30-2012

Morgana examines her nails as she speaks into the odd device near her neck, completely ignoring the other champions and volunteers..

She sounds ..well, to put it bluntly, completely bored.

"Apparently, Evelynn thinks that doing this is a good way for me to 'make an image for myself'...bah! I'm just here because she guilt-tripped me into it."

She pauses, eyes flicking lazily, her disinterest masking her probing eye.

"Where's Talon? You told me that ****ing Talon would be here."

((Sorry about that))

Syphrus

09-30-2012

Tali took the device and attached it on some kind of iron strap around one of his arms, looking around at the others he smiled.

"you can call me Tali. Jayce gave me the title ""the mecha blade"" but i think its a bit to much."

"but anyway, where exactly are we starting?" he said scatching behind his head.

Aproxima

09-30-2012

Al-Khali bowed to those at the office and after receiving the communication device, she attached it to her ear.
She said " Al-Khali, naga of the Queen's tribe speaking. We shouldn't waste more time as we are in a situation of emergency. "
She looks down at others of the group and says " Greetings honorable champions. Greetings to you as well. Before we head out we should know a little bit of others' combat capabilities or abilities of any possible use, so we can adjust our fighting style and team work. "

1234511 ... 26