Well, I guess Ill come to you guys...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaffeineTurtel

10-17-2012

I need help, I suck.

I spent from level 3-29 playing 3's, and during the short time I played 5's, it was against bots. I know the fundamentals of 5's, and how to play. But I cant successfully fill any role. Every game, I get insulted from both teams. I normally just ignore it and keep playing, but apparently I don't have time to learn from experience, I need to be spoon fed skill.

Last match, I went 4/4/4 with solo mid Ryze. During the start, our jungler stopped helping me because I didn't want to turret dive for a kill. And it went down hill from there, and I still managed to not feed them. I managed to squeeze out a few kills while focusing on defense. We all know Ryze is just food. He is slow and squishy. And if that's not bad enough, my team was complaining about my kills, but they had scores like 10/15/10. Now, I know this is good for the team overall, but in the long run, they fed. And it only made my life even harder. I was already counter laned with a jungler who refused to help me, how could it get worse? (We still won in the end)

Well, and then the whole team agreed to report me, telling me I need to take a 2 week break so I can get better. That's when it started to bother me. They were insulting me, feeding, and countless other things, and Im the one who needs banned? That is just ridiculous. I did my best, I did not insult them, I did not put them in their place, nothing. I was a fully respectable team player.

My main problem is I started playing ranked as soon as I hit 30, and I managed to get a 1.2k elo. And I have managed to hold it. And they expect everyone to be elite, assuming we have been 30 for months, or at least have some skill at 5's.

So, I come to you. How can I get better? Should I be more aggressive in lane, and not care about dying? Should I only play Darius and Blitz? Anything would be appreciated.

tl/dr - Tips plz

Grollm

10-17-2012

[QUOTE=CaffeineTurtel;30326982]I
We all know Ryze is just food. He is slow and squishy.
/QUOTE]
I beg to differ http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/31580805#history

Grollm

10-17-2012

I looked at your build for Ryze on lolking. Your build is terrible. Ryze scales off mana. Build him like this and you will have more success with Ryze. http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...-scroll-155276

Mich567

10-17-2012

Well, a lot of people consider that to be in "elo hell"... your team was wrong in insulting you, maybe you ksed them or something, which I still think should not be insulted unless the person needs kills and you took one away...
Most people would tell you to play 5s more. I might agree... but, if you can get on a roll with someone in ranked, you could make it. I guess you should learn some roles more in normals...

Best Novi NA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

Study the game as much as you can. Engage in diversity with champions. Play ARAM, normals, etc. Play different roles so you understand what each role needs. Learn the phases of the game so you know when and how things happen and for what reason so you're not too surprised and can make plays. As mid you have to farm farm farm, mid game you're usually stronger than the AD carry, so try to help with ganks. Take teleport if you can so you can be up and down for ganks. Learn to not be so predictable with your casting (I'm pretty bad with that right now)... Maximize your knowledge of the champions you play with. Don't enter ranked expecting to play 1 role, 1 champion. And duo queue partners help a lot because then you're at least playing with a guaranteed relatively intelligent player. Hope that helps a bit.