Shy's Irelia Build.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Endless Infinity

10-17-2012

So, during the Championships, my friend said he saw Shy max Bladesurge first, and has been doing so ever since. No amount of Reasoning or Theorycraft will convince him that maxing Bladesurge has little effect on the skill over all (A little added damage, Lower CD, and higher Mana cost).

So two questions to start I guess:

#1 Did Shy even build this way? And if so, Why?
#2 When is it ever Viable to do so?

As far as I know, the build is R>W>E>Q.

Thanks !

Mogs01gt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

I really have no clue why

LogicalTautology

10-17-2012

Checking the video of game 1 of the World Finals. At the 41:10 mark of the video (source: http://tournaments.leagueoflegends.c...s-tpa-vs-azubu) we see Irelia focused in the bottom left of the screen. She is level 8 and has skilled 1-4-2-1, which seems to imply the R>W>E>Q order you mentioned, not the max-Q your friend saw. No idea about the other times Shy played Irelia, but I figured I'd check at least one game for you.

JRiMi

10-17-2012

I think any irelia player knows that u Max w first. That true damage is too good for dueling up top. When I first played her I maxed q but soon realized where her damage comes from

iRetreat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-17-2012

Maxing Bladesurge first is useful when playing vs Jax, because it gives you burst to trade with and can't be dodged. However, that's the only time I max Bladesurge first, and I can't think of another situation where it would be better than maxing Hiten Style.

Maybe the game your friend was watching was an Irelia vs Jax lane? I wasn't paying attention to skilling order during the world championship.