Twisted Treeline Remake on PBE

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rjcombo

Lead Designer

10-18-2012
45 of 50 Riot Posts

Quote:
I've been having terrible frame-rate lag on this map, a problem which hasn't occurred on any other. Perhaps it's too awesome for my computer to handle?
As with the recent SR makeover, the team's goal was to simultaneously improve visual quality and increase system performance.

Krosan

10-18-2012

Are any of the new items we've seen planned for SR, or are all of them TT exclusives?

Also, is it true that TT no longer has wards? Had a friend claim that, but I haven't got home to verify myself...

Park Side Gamer

Recruiter

10-18-2012

So I have never posted on the forums before but I have to say that because I play so many 3s matches I need to know how and when I can get my paws on this map! Please tell me!

Eserine

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcombo View Post
As with the recent SR makeover, the team's goal was to simultaneously improve visual quality and increase system performance.
Would you kindly ban that player's name rjcombo, or send it to the PB&J team and ask why it hasn't already been cited by players as something that belongs in the Tribunal?

Singular tense (obviously) can be made into the plural, as it often was in racist essays and film propaganda before the civil rights movement: "The inferior black man holds many disadvantages intellectually to the white man...", the game announcement system announcing that "You have been killed by the Filthy Jew" is exactly the same sort of issue.

Thanks.

rjcombo

Lead Designer

10-18-2012
46 of 50 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaKKuN1123 View Post
Graphically: Awesome. Twisted Treeline needed an update. However I personally don't like the capture points. If i wanted to play Dominion I would play Dominion. Also maybe add back more camps into top jungle on the sides of the spider. Also the new monster is awesome.
The major difference is capture points are the focus in Dominion, while altars on TT are a side objective which boosts your team's ability to succeed. There's also a capture-lock system that guarantees a temporary benefit to your team after capturing an altar.

rjcombo

Lead Designer

10-18-2012
47 of 50 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzolo1000 View Post
I love the new map, BUT, i hate that you can't buy items like warmogs, deathcap, WARDS. Please stop trying to make TT like dominion.
The goal is not to make TT like Dominion, but rather to apply some of the lessons we learned while developing Dominion. Big difference.

rjcombo

Lead Designer

10-18-2012
48 of 50 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadrin View Post
Okay so as a TT player who enjoys running a 1-1-Jungle team. Is this jungle going to be able to sustain a player or it it going to be turned into a 1-2 with subsidization from the jungle?
More the latter. The goal is to encourage less turtling/farming and more skirmishing. In terms of game flow, I think you'll find the new TT rests comfortably in a place between Summoner's Rift and The Crystal Scar.

Fumiko

10-18-2012

Just saying ^.^ , but It would be nice to get a visual update for Summoner's Rift ^.^. JUST SAYING! ^.^

Krosan

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miisaki Chan View Post
Just saying ^.^ , but It would be nice to get a visual update for Summoner's Rift ^.^. JUST SAYING! ^.^
We got one not so long ago. A lot of elements, especially the stairs going into the bases/on the summoner's platforms, got retuned visually.

Everything looked a lot sharper, and a lot of the jungle mobs got visual upgrades too. I'm also told that it improved performance somewhat on lower-end machines.

I doubt we'll see a major rework of the visuals like we did now, but I've seen bits and pieces from other Rioters that hint that maybe, maybe! we'll get some visual reworks to make map hotspots like the Baron cave more interesting.

JewJiitsu

10-18-2012

lol i love how a comment like "yaayyy im excited" for this map gets downvoted, but a riot employee can comment first post and gets upvoted.. this community