Twisted Treeline Remake on PBE

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sharkbite48

10-17-2012

GJ revamping that much needed newer design of TT riot!

Zectre

10-17-2012

Read somewhere in this thread that TT is being replaced by these so called "Shadow Isles".

What?

No, seriously, what? Potential for a new map under the guise of "Shadow Isles" and you go and "revamp" an old map clearly by the name of Twisted Treeline, even in the headline, and yet, someone said that the SI is replacing TT.

Who's great idea was that? There are many other sections on the map that are completely devoid of any maps/potential, yet you go back, fine-tune TT and then decide to go and rename it the Shadow Isles because of the theme you gave it.

Where's the clarrification here, aye? Is Twisted Treeline being replaced by this "Shadow Isles" thing, and will we be getting a new TT map to compensate? Because if so, what the hell is the point in hyping SI and then revamping TT... :|

Potential for something amazing suddenly went down the drain just to give something a fresh coat of paint that will be dead anyways unless the overhaul is justified by the gameplay...

Walmart Bagger

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartanP26 View Post
"Where the jungler can gank both lanes."

There's no jungling in 3v3...
I think they mean top : /

But yeah, bad wording.

Jeddite

10-17-2012

...normal draft mode? s'il vous play?

Marcu Deslyn

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdez90 View Post
"While Summoner's Rift remains our most popular map..."
Summoner's Rift is one of two maps (not counting Dominion) and is the only one that has any competitive cred. How about you give us some more map options instead of repackaging the old one that a minority of the community plays? How hard could it possibly be to make different 5v5 maps?
Quote:
Originally Posted by UlquiorraKuchiki View Post
You're saying "give us more map options", yet there are 2 other options to choose from, one a 3v3 similar to Summoners Rift, the other a 5v5 completely different to Summoners Rift. The reason they are "repackaging" Twisted Treeline is to make it more viable and more competetitive in the hopes more people will play it. They are going to be making changes to Summoners Rift in the next season too in order to make it more enjoyable for every role (eg the jungle and support).

There is still the fact that there are only three maps total. Why not just make it a separate map? Then you can keep the lore, the die-hard Twisted Treeline fan-base, and have a new kick-ass map I can be completely excited for.

Also, some of the "broken" things in Twisted Treeline are just viable (albeit often annoying) strategies for the map, and I don't say this because I'm a hardcore Twisted Treeline fan, I actually don't play it much.

But if it were a new map, players could choose to never play Twisted Treeline again, and avoid the "broken" mechanics, while people who have spent years mastering the map can stay there. Move ranked Twisted Treeline to Shadow Isles if you think it's unbalanced.
It just seems like this new map cannot be a completely good thing if it removes such a classic map when it could just be added separately.

Lastly, please think carefully about changing Summoners Rift. People have spent a lot of time getting to know it, and you don't want to alienate them. Remember you can make a new 5v5 map that addresses problems you see, and it doesn't have to be significantly different. As I said for Twisted Treeline, make the changes you see fit to balance the map, then have it support ranked, while leaving the old version(s) for the non-ranked modes if you want a limited number of ranked maps. Also sorry about the giant post, I've just been a LOL'er since it came out and I care about it.

For the Void!

Spleenseer

10-17-2012

So you decided to showcase the new Twisted Treeline WITHOUT Maokai present? What gives?

Yata of Raven

10-17-2012

There is a post I lost in this thread asking if both Twisted Treeline's could still be in game, has that been talked about over at riot? I pretty much started on this map back when it was in Customs. To lose this version of the map would truly be a shame. I understand that it's buggy and broken to some players minds but there should be no reason to trash the second version of TT. I know the first was terribly unbalanced with all the brush placement but that was one of the more enjoyable things about TT not being able to see anyone at all. A lot of my friends and I cried when TT went live and was changed to how it is. Now again we will lose another version where we have had so many memories?

Is there a way to keep the current version of the map in game say maybe back in customs instead of throwing it away?

Zerglinator

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitae View Post
We will be updating Maoki's lore and he will still have a relationship with TT. No he won't be an undead tree or anything like that.

I also like to think of the new Haunted Maoki as being a tribute to Maoki's existing lore tie in with TT. Haunted Maoki is basically what Maoki would be if he was from the shadow isles version of twisted treeline.
Do you ALWAYS call him Maoki?

Alaquane

10-17-2012

RIP Grez

Wards win games

10-17-2012

Will future balance changes continue to revolve around 5v5, or will 3v3 take a more primary role with this new/reworked map?