Jungle Haters

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infernoes

10-16-2012

What's with all the hate junglers get in game? I mainly jungle and I'm not the best jungler out there, but I can hold my own for the most part. The most annoying thing to me about jungling though, is the strong disposition people take against their own jungler. It seems that everyone wants to blame the jungler for them losing the lane way too often.

People will often say "Our jungler only ganked once, and yours ganked three times, That's why we lost."
Most of the people who say that are people who push their lane too far for me to gank, and then they get ganked. If you push a lane far you have to be aware and able to handle a gank, otherwise don't push. This always leads to them crying about no ganks when it is simply not possible to gank.

When I am jungling I like to try and gank each lane equally, assuming no lane is having a hard time and being pushed constantly. If a lane is pushed to our tower, or is froze in the middle, that is when I'll gank. Very few situations call for a gank when the enemy is at their tower.

Other times when I am jungling I get counter jungled, and set behind. If this happens I tell my team that they shouldn't expect much jungle presence form me, because I need to level up and farm a bit. To my team mates, this should make them think " We need to play safer and farm, and not push." , but people will disregard my statement, and get ganked by enemy junglers regardless. Later they will cry about not ganks, as usual.

Now I don't care much for people whining and complaining when I am jungling, I'm kind of used to it now. I know that a jungle gank can really turn a lane to our favor, but people who are in lane need to be able to hold their own.

I see it as this: The jungler is a variable, who can help a lane, or not be present. The enemy team also has their variable which can do the same for them. Say I am in top jungle, bot lane needs to be thinking " Our jungler is not present, and we need to be ready to handle an enemy gank by ourselves at all times." If I am bot lane, they can think "Our jungler is ready to gank if we let then enemy push, but we still need to be ready to handle a gank from the enemy jungler."

Whether your jungler ganks 5 times or no times, the amount of time you get ganked is usually preventable if you were not doing something wrong. The amount of times you get ganked is not in your junglers control, it is due to your own mistakes most often. This makes the " Our jungler ganked once and your ganked three times." arguement not valid, in my opinion.

TL;DR

Stop hating on junglers because you are bad in your own lane.

fastplay

10-17-2012

@Infernoes you right.

The only hate I had are in game where all lane doing badly and the fact is their only one jungler on a team and he can not be in every lane at the same time. Also most of their lane do ok at the start but their do not ward and push to hard where any gank would end in a tower dive some one to do the gank.

exmple for all you people that push the lane to far to gank like top when you at the other team tower they nothing your jungler can do for you if you need a gank.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

Those are the lanes I ignore, then I go gank other lanes heavily to get them fed.

Why you ask? Because you already know bottom(or whatever lane is complaining) is bad. So feed the people on your team who are good. There's no reason to help an ad carry get fed when he wants to initiate every fight.

Mogs01gt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

Because people do not want to except blame on themselves when they fail in their lane. Its sad really.

ZycloneDBathouse

10-17-2012

As soon as I see people auto hitting minions, in any lane really, I start to get a bit negative.

ArtDZ

10-17-2012

the times i blame the jungler are when im in top lane against a counter so i'm constantly CSing by my tower. Enemy jungler comes to dive me and my jungler doesn't do anything. Even in that case though if my jungler is helping the other lanes win then its fine. Its those games where im pushed against my tower and my jungler fails in his ganks to other lanes despite my lane being a easily gankable one.

SunDipFunny

10-17-2012

Jungle is 2nd most important role in the game. (Support is 1st) People blame the jungler out of rage, unless the jungler didn't do anything to help the team. So... DEAL WIT IT