Giving Quality Lessons!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KimchiPanda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

gives refunds definitely upvote+1

TofuShift

11-13-2012

Although proud to say no one has ever requested one

edit: and ty upvote!^^

SwiftSwrd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

I'd want lessons if I wasn't a broke ass college student. I've tried a few different teachers now. So far I've learned absolutely nothing from any of the 3. It's not contradictory information or anything it's just they don't actually tell me anything. It's basically just "get better".

hi im Kurisu

11-13-2012

Hey, i added you in game, thnx again for the fast reply also im completly new to these threads, how do i "bump" and what exactly does it do?

Led Disciple

11-13-2012

^ "Bump" is when you comment on a thread, and when that comment is registered, it "Bumps" the thread to the top of the list on the forums, because it has recently been commented on. Not an actual button or anything, just a way to keep your thread alive.

Obscura

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrider View Post
This usually happens to emotional players. They let trolls get to them, start playing worse (and in your example severely), and ultimately lose games because of it.
if im looking for the same thing as this guy, trying to get past those who just want to bring you down and ruin your day, do you accept emails about help with that too?

TofuShift

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obscura View Post
if im looking for the same thing as this guy, trying to get past those who just want to bring you down and ruin your day, do you accept emails about help with that too?
Not normally, but we could arrange something.. or we could use skype and talk about it too

Atzigan

11-13-2012

Bumpity bump to Shiftrider! I don't know you yet but I'm interested in a lesson or two. I main jungle and top and I wouldn't mind paying for a couple guidelines on how I can improve my gameplay to max out my playstyle. Please feel free to add me or I'll add you when I'm on my PC.

TofuShift

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atz1gan View Post
Bumpity bump to Shiftrider! I don't know you yet but I'm interested in a lesson or two. I main jungle and top and I wouldn't mind paying for a couple guidelines on how I can improve my gameplay to max out my playstyle. Please feel free to add me or I'll add you when I'm on my PC.
Thanks and I added you

Zezima1337

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrider View Post
Hi guys! Most of you probably don't know me, so let me briefly introduce myself!

Me.- I'm Shiftrider, and currently main mid but switching to main top for my team Tofu, my Jungle/Support is pretty high up there, too. My AD use to be really strong, but since I stopped playing it I don't have a great sense of lane match ups, but other than that it's very solid, and I'm definitely confident in giving lesson to AD mains, aswell.

What I'm about- I'm currently giving lessons on everything about LoL. Including basic mechanics, such as last hitting, warding, laning (advanced and beginner). Knowing when XX champion is a good pick, when it isn't, and WHY it is/n't. Roaming. Attack-moving (AKA Orb walking). You name it!

I also teach general things like the mentality you want to have, and how to improve ect.

Teaching method- I take into account that different people learn differently, and will ask how you learn best before we begin the lesson so we can proceed accordingly. I make recommendations on the method we use, after talking to you/spectating a game. However, it's entirely up to you how we spend the time, and what method you want to use.

An example: Someone I recently gave a lesson said he learns best by getting beat up on by better players, and learning from that experience, so after spectating a game (to learn some flaws and such he needed to work on, such as looking at mini map more and stuff like that) I logged on my smurf (2.2k Elo) and duo'd with him. I jungle for him and was giving him tips and constantly talking to him while in jungle, and ganking for him so he could learn proper follow up and how to carry ect. We did this for a few weeks (couple hours a day whenever he was available), and I saw a sick amount of improvement, and proud to say he's diamond now! After we stopped playing he was around 1600, then he solo que the rest. I saw him drop around 1500s at first, then he started going up really fast, and after a few months he got platinum, and recently achieved his goal of diamond.

If you aren't sure how you learn then I can help you figure that out, and that's generally the first thing I do. It makes a big difference, because in the example above^ if that person had lied to me, or thought he learn that way, but actually didn't then we would of just wasted time and he wouldn't of learned much except how to get crushed by someone who's better. Though I do pay close attention to improvement ect so I would of noticed he wasn't learning anything, and recommended we switch to a different method.

How much I charge and why- I charge 20$ an hour, and I prefer paypal as payment method. 20$ Is a bit below standard, especially for professional lessons, but I understand a big reason people are willing to pay 50-100$/h is for the experience of meeting the pro, and I'm not very known, nor do I qualify as a professional LoL player (yet!). But I feel 20$ very fair. I'm a top player on NA, so you can be certain I'm good, and I feel with the time and effort I put into this, and the quality of the lessons, that 20$/h is quite reasonable for both ends.

Scheduling- We can discuss how many hours you're looking to do, what time/days you're available, and what you want to work on ect in PMs. Depending on what kind of goals you're setting. Ex: if you're 1200 Elo and are trying to get gold (1500), then you would need less time than say a 1200 Elo looking for platinum (1850). I get some people who have a lot of gaming experience, but are new to multiplayer online battle arenas (MOBA). They usually just ask for a couple hour lesson to teach them like how the game works ect. Other people are long time LoL players who really want to get better and learn, but don't know how, or want to learn faster than they could by themselves. Some are able to learn a lot from just a few hours, and improve a ton on their own after that, others will take a few hours of lessons, then improve on their own for a week or more and then take more, to gradually improve. It depends on preference and learning style ect.

Contact information- TofuShift@Hotmail.com I check that email hourly while I'm on the computer, so it's the best way to get a hold of me. You can msg me your questions there, and/or just leave your name and I'll add you and we can have a more engaging conversation through the LoL client. A simple message like "Hey I'm interested in taking lessons <insert in-game name>. Is fine!

Some of my backround information- I've been giving lessons for free mostly to friends, or people I met on like chu's stream or randomly in game who ask for some help. But I didn't go too indepth, and only spent an hour or so. About 3 or so months ago I got really sick of Ebay, but it was my only source of income, so I kept doing it for a month or so, until I realized I could make a living out of giving lessons on LoL, and I really enjoy helping other players, so it was be a win-win decision. I've been doing it successfully since, but then a week ago I realized I was getting less and less people, because most of my business was coming from people on my friends list (I have 300 friends but only know a hand full of them), so if I want to make a living on this I gotta go public, so here I am!

More backround- I was originally a WoW nerd, but got bored and moved to SC2 when it came out, and started playing it an insane amount, and then one day I met Yogurt8 who got me into LoL and introduced me to Chu8, who I'm now currently making a LoL team with for S3.

Since I've been playing LoL it has just been a time waster to me, and I never took it seriously, and mostly just spammed Sion and LeBlanc in solo que, to about 2.2k. When Chu told me about our team and that I'd be playing Top for the team, and having never played top (properly, anyway. If I was forced to top I would just play Sion, or LeBlanc up there), I knew I'd have my work cut out for me. I dropped from 2400 to about 2250, and had a 1 digit win ratio with Jax. But my "letting the losses come to me" strat worked, and I worked myself up to about 2530 playing top only.

Currently chilling at 2463 playing jungle only, which may sound bad (I was 2530 when I started), but after my first session I dropped over 100 points. So yeah, that's basically my last few years of backround in a nutshell.

Refund- I do absolutely give refunds, if you're not satisfied.

Ending notes- I want you to come to lessons ready to learn and have fun. Having said that, I expect you to come willing to work and take criticism.

I understand privacy and such, so I'm not going to go blabbing to people who I'm giving lessons to or anything like that.

And @my fellow LoL players- I really appreciate any and all up votes/ bumps, as it really helps more people see this. Feel free to ask any questions, as well. And please no hate/flaming. Thank you!

******EDIT****** I haven't been bumping much recently because I've kept busy between my current customers and some real life stuff, also I've been working on a project. I'm going to start bumping and advertising myself more in hopes of getting more, not only because I need the money (all the money not on rent/food is going straight to getting my stream up) but I enjoy doing it and with some time freeing up I'm going to get bored!

Also I'm officially a coach on Gamer Institute (GI). Here's my official profile: http://www.gamerinstitute.com/en/abo...lol/shiftrider and I KNOW the glasses make me look ******.. or so I've been told. I think it looks decent, I wore the glasses so as not to show off my purple baggy eyes, but then looking back the quality is so low I don't think it would of shown. ANYWAY... My lessons are cheaper if you send directly to my email Tofushift@hotmail.com and more contact information below.
it would be good if ur dimonad team didn't completely demolish my gold team.. but ok