Giving Quality Lessons!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

할배님

11-16-2012

ride dat shift

Hizzlebomb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Duck View Post
for ****'s sake, you list "mental attitude" as a lesson.
I happen to strongly believe that one's "mental attitude" can make or break a game very easily.

@shiftrider, do you stream at all? I would love to take lessons or play with you, but I'm just not in a position financially to do so atm.

Upvoted because it sounds like a great idea and you seem like a nice guy!

TofuShift

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hizzlebomb View Post
I happen to strongly believe that one's "mental attitude" can make or break a game very easily.

@shiftrider, do you stream at all? I would love to take lessons or play with you, but I'm just not in a position financially to do so atm.

Upvoted because it sounds like a great idea and you seem like a nice guy!
Hey thanks a lot for your kind words!

Actually I don't stream yet, but all my income (except for rent/food costs) is going towards buying a new computer so I can stream, I'm actually pretty close. If you follow me on twitter @tofushift I'm going to annouce when my stream is up. 1-2 months is my goal.

And ya I understand. I got lucky because I had high elo friends (chu, and people I met through him) to help me learn faster. Feel free to add me in game and feel free to ask any questions ect even if I'm in game I'll answer when I get out

Aeohrta

11-17-2012

If you really think that you should pay money to learn how to play this game then I dont think you should be playing in ranked...just my two cents.

Nonetheless I support what this guy is trying to do to pay the rent. Bump.

TofuShift

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeohrta View Post
If you really think that you should pay money to learn how to play this game then I dont think you should be playing in ranked...just my two cents.

Nonetheless I support what this guy is trying to do to pay the rent. Bump.
I passionately disagree with you, but thanks for the bump!

TofuShift

11-17-2012

bump!

costas84

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

If you are going to do something like teaching others how to play at least do it for free.

This is a world that is in an economical crisis, theres a lot of newbies/average players out there searching for a mentor but dont have the money all these teachers demand, or are too young to have any sort of income.

I appreciate you giving lessons to players but charging for it? I dont like that.

If the world however wasnt in this crisis and you could find a job easily i wouldnt mind that as the accesibility of the lessons would be a lot more, but the point remains that i dont like that you charge for the lessons.

How are we going to know that you are even worth the money?

I think that you should make a stream where you stream yourself play and teaching the players who paid, or just the first one if u wanna keep your lessons a secret.

This will let people know that you really are skilled and worth it.

Or if you really need the money, make YouTube videos of you teaching the basics or others, since i assume that ur very skilled u will get a lot of views/likes/favs and a partnership very soon which will bring in some income, you can also put up a donations thing on your stream/youtube videos.

You can also get partnered in your stream giving you more money.

So, if you are skilled and willing to teach players without requesting an insurmountable amount of money for todays world crisis standards, you can take these steps:

1.Start making a YouTube series of you teaching the very basics of the game itself and of champions.
2. Advertise your YouTube.
3. Start a stream where you stream yourself play and teach others and give feedback on replays.
4. Advertise your stream on YouTube.
5. Be active on both and advertise them both in order to get partnerships to help you with your real life problems.

My 2 cents. No offence intended.

TofuShift

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by costas84 View Post
If you are going to do something like teaching others how to play at least do it for free.

This is a world that is in an economical crisis, theres a lot of newbies/average players out there searching for a mentor but dont have the money all these teachers demand, or are too young to have any sort of income.

I appreciate you giving lessons to players but charging for it? I dont like that.

If the world however wasnt in this crisis and you could find a job easily i wouldnt mind that as the accesibility of the lessons would be a lot more, but the point remains that i dont like that you charge for the lessons.

How are we going to know that you are even worth the money?

I think that you should make a stream where you stream yourself play and teaching the players who paid, or just the first one if u wanna keep your lessons a secret.

This will let people know that you really are skilled and worth it.

Or if you really need the money, make YouTube videos of you teaching the basics or others, since i assume that ur very skilled u will get a lot of views/likes/favs and a partnership very soon which will bring in some income, you can also put up a donations thing on your stream/youtube videos.

You can also get partnered in your stream giving you more money.

So, if you are skilled and willing to teach players without requesting an insurmountable amount of money for todays world crisis standards, you can take these steps:

1.Start making a YouTube series of you teaching the very basics of the game itself and of champions.
2. Advertise your YouTube.
3. Start a stream where you stream yourself play and teach others and give feedback on replays.
4. Advertise your stream on YouTube.
5. Be active on both and advertise them both in order to get partnerships to help you with your real life problems.

My 2 cents. No offence intended.
Thanks for your input! We definitely see things different, however. Would you ask a pianist to teach piano lessons for free? That would be silly, as is your suggestion (no offence).

I've considered youtube, however I don't think I'm interesting enough or good enough at making videos for that. Maybe if they were good enough videos I could get a lot of views in time.. but as you pointed out economy isn't at its finest atm, and time is money.

Resilga

11-18-2012

#1 rule of capitalism : If you're good at something, never do it for free.

I'm a freelance artist and have been doing it for years and it always grinds my gears when someone asks me to draw them something for nothing. Not only does it take the few hours for the product itself but the thousands of hours of my life put into drawing seems rendered (no pun intended) unimportant.

Teaching takes even longer than simply demonstrating your trade and it also adds to your competition. That is a double no-no. People saying this guy shouldn't charge $$ are ludicrously ignorant (and likely do not have an income and/or do not place much value in LoL)

Even the seemingly "nice" LoL masters that simply have good youtube videos (eventually) get paid for their channels or get paid for streaming. It's definitely a viable source of side income.

I'd purchase this man's services myself if I wasn't ragged by bills and a ****ty job. Playing for 3 years and still being mediocre feels awful...

Just awful.

TofuShift

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resilga View Post

I'd purchase this man's services myself if I wasn't ragged by bills and a ****ty job. Playing for 3 years and still being mediocre feels awful...

Just awful.
Feel free to add me ingame, I don't givel essons for free but if you want to ask any questions about the game or tips I don't mind helping out

Also good luck with your art!