Fall of ad top

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

braseeker

10-16-2012

i find ad top champions are very embarrassing these days, only jayce manage to survive.
other ad champ have to be tanky to contribute to team fight, but then the team does need a fighter in the first place.

HOWEVER, ap top becomes more dominate like nidalee, rumble, vladimir, yorick, mordekaiser. All ap top can still threat enemy adc and not necessary to build tanky item.

besides, two ap team is more welcome these days than a ap mid and ad top team.

CrystalisX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2012

All top champions are situational. Jayce, Nidalee, Kennen, Kayle are all examples of top champs that are played sometimes as AD. Riven/Lee Sin/Darius/Renekton and other melee champs can as well in the mid game before the ADC gets fed. Then the knowledgeable players will go ahead and build more tanky.

Your opinion of double AP comp is a valid one as I cannot rebuke your opinion. But it is just that, your opinion on the matter. Others, including myself, do not agree with this same opinion, just as I'm sure there are some who agree with your opinion.

braseeker

10-17-2012

well, after season 2, i conclude theres more ap top, and fewer ad top are being used,
besides, tpa uses nidalee

the game is faster and faster, theres no time to get both dps item and tanky item at the same time.
just like ryze is a great champ, but few ppl use him cuz ryze generally requires more than 30 min to get op.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

The debate over AP Top is a simple one:

Is your Mid and Jungler AP? - Don't go AP Top.
Is your Jungler AD? Go AP Top.
Is your Mid AD? Go AP Top.
Is your ADC AP? Yell and scream you hate free week Kog'Maws

Frankly, its about team comp more than anything else these days. Teams are more and more becoming 3/4 AD with support being that second AP most of the time. I love these teams, because frankly if you build a Randuin's (Which is one of my favorite items), you counter all but one person on the team. Then its GG.