Malzahar viable..? and counters ..?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

yosloth

10-18-2012

Hey I'm asking whether malzahar is viable ? Just started ranked, but I've hardly seen anyone play him normal at all ( he's probably my favourite mid Ap)

Also what champs counter him hard/ is he good against?

Cheers

Kyzrathnosh

10-18-2012

I'm a Malz fan myself, and I can say yes, he is viable!.. so long as their team doesn't have a poke-happy mid.

runesimitar3

10-18-2012

he's one of the best ap in lane, hard poke if u max his e, he's really good after 6 for gank, with his ult, BUT, he sucks in team fight and he dont have much dmg if his ults get countered, wich is pretty easy to do

Kaicha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Most champions are viable.

He's not popular because although he has a strong laning (CS, easy ganks), his late game is very unreliable.

His ultimate requires him to stand still for a very long time, both his Q and W are easily avoided and his E is rarely significant as a source of damage.

However, he has potential and he is still powerful, though less than some mages like Evelynn who can effectively do as much AoE damage without having to suppress himself for 2.5 seconds.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2012

Depends on what you mean by viable. He is playable, but he is never picked during serious games. He wasnt picked once in World Championships that I know of.

Jowabunga

10-19-2012

I do pretty well with him in solo queue, but he's challenging to manage well in team fights as others have said. The most important thing in teamfights is to make sure you land your Q to silence multiple enemies for maximum disruption.