On the note of Hallowing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LeifKlover

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2012

Am I the only one that thinks they should shunt the old hallowing skins to the legacy vault rather than limited for the sake of bringing back still limited skins for champions who don't have all that much going for them?

I've been thinking about it since I've had a bit of RP laying around and I've desperately wanted a good nidalee skin. With no release of one in sight, I was waiting for hallowing to drop in the Bewitching Nidalee skin from Hallow's past, but with a bit of research, it doesn't seem to show signs of a return, which further douses my own hopes.

So why not push some of the old Winter and Hallowing skins to a Legacy vault?

Duarack5

10-16-2012

nope

LeifKlover

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2012

bumping. Good to see people review a post and downrate without comment on why its unreasonable.

HandOfBlood

10-16-2012

They won't bring them back because much of the value in the skins is in the fact that you can't get them anymore. It's basically saying, "Hey, Riot, I've been supporting you for this long." I would be pissed if my legacy skins went back on sale, that just wouldn't be cool.

Grellmax

10-16-2012

This has been asked a million times. The reason is because when they are advertised as limited, people buy them. those people will feel cheated in the event they resurface.

LeifKlover

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandOfBloodBFMV View Post
They won't bring them back because much of the value in the skins is in the fact that you can't get them anymore. It's basically saying, "Hey, Riot, I've been supporting you for this long." I would be pissed if my legacy skins went back on sale, that just wouldn't be cool.
Generally speaking, the term legacy means some received from a predecessor of the past.
The whole point of a legacy skin is for the note of it being brought back for a very limited time for a specific reason. The value in a skin is in the fact that you enjoy the skin. Recon Teemo. I enjoy Recon Teemo. Its a legacy skin, "Doomed" to come back at a later date for some reason so other people can enjoy Recon Teemo. Crimson Akali. I enjoy Crimson Akali. Its a legacy skin, "Doomed to come back at a later date for some reason so other people people can enjoy it.

The simplistic idea that something is "yours" and thus "no one elses" is generally toxic to the mind as a whole.

HandOfBlood

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeifKlover View Post
Generally speaking, the term legacy means some received from a predecessor of the past.
The whole point of a legacy skin is for the note of it being brought back for a very limited time for a specific reason. The value in a skin is in the fact that you enjoy the skin. Recon Teemo. I enjoy Recon Teemo. Its a legacy skin, "Doomed" to come back at a later date for some reason so other people can enjoy Recon Teemo. Crimson Akali. I enjoy Crimson Akali. Its a legacy skin, "Doomed to come back at a later date for some reason so other people people can enjoy it.

The simplistic idea that something is "yours" and thus "no one elses" is generally toxic to the mind as a whole.
Legacy might have been the wrong word to describe the holiday ones, but they aren't coming back. And you clearly don't understand the idea of "limited edition", no matter how much you want holiday skins to come back it won't happen. Just look at the bajillion "omg i want kitty kat" threads and you'll realize it

Dr Clueless PhD

10-16-2012

Quote:

Track down Hippalus' posts on this. He's the head of eCommerce. He said that since Limited skins were advertised as such, they are STAYING limited. They were sold under the premise of "People won't be able to buy this later", and going back on that word is a betrayal to those who bought it. Unless I'm mistaken, Championship Riven is also going to be Limited. After its run in the store, it's done forever. It's not a problem to have Limited skins.

Princess Snow

10-16-2012

Quote:

Some legacy skins were specifically advertised as a one time only deal where as others were advertised as potentially coming back at a later date. It is not fair to the customers that bought the one time only skins to put them up for sale again; that was the deal.

Some skins are just not for sale, will never be put on sale again, and you are not entitled to buy them.

Well Hungarian

10-16-2012

Limited and legacy means two different things. You can't take something that is limited and switch it to legacy...and you can't take something legacy and switch it to limited.

When are you people going to understand that limited edition skins are sold for a short period of time, then they are unavailable forever...as in...never again for sale? It really isn't that hard of a concept to understand.

Sure, it sucks that you can't buy some of these skins anymore. There are a few that I do not own and wouldn't mind having. Making thread after thread about it isn't going to bring them back. Please try to understand.