AD or AP Teemo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SkepiX

10-16-2012

SkepiX here,

I just need some reasonable opinions.
My main is Teemo and I usually go AD, however there are a lot of people who say I should always go AP. When I play Teemo I like to cause a lot of damage, get a couple of kills, and go in and out quickly. Any ideas on which I should really go? If you can provide me with a reason and some benefits as to which one you refer please tell me.

Thanks!

AU Freo

10-16-2012

Personally I find that the AP Teemo's are a lot better. With AD, you're just under-utilising his kit.

But I would suggest you find a new main, no one likes Teemo -.-

GekkoST

10-16-2012

neither teemo sucks

SkepiX

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU Freo View Post
But I would suggest you find a new main, no one likes Teemo -.-
Thx for your suggestion, but Teemos my main and it's staying like that. Also, "no one likes Teemo" is an understatement.

xEbonKnightx

10-16-2012

Its not no one likes Teemo, its his secret passive(Global taunt) Everyone just loves to focus down the Teemo. I think ap Teemo mixed in with some on hit items is best. Build like Atsp boots.Malady,Death cap,Madreds,Nashors,Frost mallet (not in that exact order) and he will pretty much dominate anything that auto attacks or walks ...

Lil122j

10-16-2012

Based on all my game observations, AP teemo usually does better than AD teemo.
AP lets you take full advantage of his E and imo the most annoying thing in this game, his stupid mushrooms...
Really, he gets these 15 mushrooms up that can do tons of damage but shaco can barely get 5 JITBs out that only do good damage if you hoard all 5 in one spot. Even then, you need to be lucky enough for some poor soul to trip them.

Trikzed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2012

I much prefer AP Teemo. Thanks to his E AP will scale onto your basic attacks anyway so in PVP you're essentially an AD (ish) champ. The AP will also increase your shroom damage and blinding dart damage. Nashors Tooth is AP Teemos favourite item.

Shivannah

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2012

I play teemo alot, and the best build i have found for teemo so far is to start out building Attk Speed, then merge into AP. It turns out GREAT!!!!! You have the speed to do alot of quick damage, and then you get the AP so your poison does Outstanding damage. I start out with a stinger, then build that into a Nashor's Tooth. from there go Malady and rabadon,s deathcap etc. Also the Nashor's tooth REALLY HELPS with the mana. my main problem with teemo is not having enough mana.

Ferocious003

10-16-2012

Personally, I prefer AP Teemo to make full use of his kit. Building Teemo AD throws out the usefulness of his E (Toxic Shot) and his passive. Granted, AD Teemo with his Q gets in several more free hits than most ADC's. However, the purpose of Teemo is to outsmart your opponents with guile and predictability of their pathing. Build CDR, AP, press R everywhere, and then sit in the middle of a pile of your mushrooms with your passive until someone unknowingly steps into your field. You can then Q, shutting down any AD champ (minus their abilities obviously), you get very potent Toxic Shots off, and if the end of the fight isn't going the way you want it, you pop your Zhonya's Hourglass (since you're AP Teemo ) and sit for two seconds while poison forces your enemy to die.

Conversely, AP Teemo has no sustain unless you build a WoTA. So he has to rely on isolating champions roaming where they shouldn't be. AD Teemo can build a Bloodthirster, two Phantom Dancers, a Frozen Mallet, and a Madred's and survive most any encounter.

Overall, what I'm trying to say is it depends on if you're the Teemo that wants to run at champions and then quickly run away with W after dealing good damage and be an important force in team fights, or if you're the Teemo that plans on hiding and luring people into your pits of mushroomy doom but can't contribute much to teamfights. Up to play style! Just don't build him AD and then sit around with your passive active in the middle of the jungle, and don't build AP and pretend to be a lifesteal/ADC build in the front of fights.

Malkontent69

10-16-2012

Personally I love Teemo because of his flexibility. Both AP and AD builds are very viable. I do tend to play him AP much more often, however, since that's usually what the teams I end up on need more. As others have mentioned, both builds require their own unique play style and it takes time to learn both, but being able to switch up from one to the other makes you a nice little wildcard for your team.