What is everyone's obsession with Top lane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

I hate top. Its usually the easiest lane because you rarely get denied farm, but it is also the least effective lane because you are far away from every objective aside from enemy blue/red. You're sole requirement for the game is to get farmed.

You cannot join a dragon, you cannot gank bottom (Which is the most common lane to need it), you generally are an AD bruiser which doesn't take tons of damage or dish tons of it out. Its just a lane where its very hard to carry a game, but is very easy to succeed in.

Xanderon77

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimie View Post
I hate top. Its usually the easiest lane because you rarely get denied farm, but it is also the least effective lane because you are far away from every objective aside from enemy blue/red. You're sole requirement for the game is to get farmed.

You cannot join a dragon, you cannot gank bottom (Which is the most common lane to need it), you generally are an AD bruiser which doesn't take tons of damage or dish tons of it out. Its just a lane where its very hard to carry a game, but is very easy to succeed in.
*Cough cough* shen *cough cough* teleport *cough cough* Sorry, I'm kinda sick at the moment.

Oyster

10-17-2012

top lane is fun

Meshly

10-17-2012

Quote:

Cho' Gath, tanky AP champ with loads of CC and a True damage Ult. I wouldn't say he's can carry later game but I will say having one in a late game team fight will be vary helpful. Especially with his ability to be able to take hits and somewhat dish em back out. (But keep in mind he is not a full tank and should not engage like one.)

Mogs01gt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

Quote:

Bot lane is actually the easiest lane..... Top lane and Mid are harder but top is considered the hardest lane.

Yrale

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincePapa View Post

ad Top = Solo lane. Strong, tanky characters that are fun to play. Errors aren't fatal, easy to last hit = low to mid pressure and fun

Need I say more ?
I'd disagree. Top lane is actually the one in which it is easiest to get ganked, and characters snowball hardest within their lane. It's basically whoever gets first blood or reaches level six first wins the lane forever. Compare this to say, mid, where it's nearly impossible to die without severely overextending (or just losing a 1v1 fight you thought you could win) and enemy jungler help, because the lane is so short.

Sky Mence

10-17-2012

I always try to grab mid or jungle in blinds because they are solo and have massive influence on the game. I dont understand the obsession with top either, but most people would prefer it over duo bot any day. Its basically first kill first win, no matter how much you were outdamaging them before if you die first you lose.

Rutherfordium

10-17-2012

I personally like AD Carry and Jungle the best when I play with friends, but when it comes to solo queue, I will always try to get top because I just don't like dealing with other people because of what you might get, and I don't like mid very much. While a good support is fun and all, a bad one can ruin your day. Same goes for lanes in the jungle. I'm not being some high and mighty "pro" jerk, but top is less interdependent with your team, so if your team feeds hard you at least won't feel it until the laning phase ends.

That being said, if somebody already calls top, I man up and get another roll. If you're fairly new and don't have any champs for other rolls, then I suggest you get Ashe, Soraka, and Ryze/Annie. All of those are 450 and are relatively easy to play.

Corner Warrior

10-17-2012

mid and top have the most early action of any lane. you're always doing something and can rely specifically on yourself. it's the world we live in

l Quixotic l

10-17-2012

Just start getting good at other roles and then when those become preference for you, you will be happy that they want the top.