What is everyone's obsession with Top lane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TempBanMan1

10-16-2012

Every game i play there are at least 3 people that call and lock in Solo top champs. I try to fit in whatever roll makes the team batter but i dont know what to do with non-jungle kahzix, daruis, wukong, and non-jungle mundo in my line up; so I dodge and have to wait because I didnt want a horrible game. I feel like I'm stuck in a downward spiral of games where no one knows the meta. /endrant help me

Mogs01gt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2012

Because top lane champs are typically the powerful, tanky, bruiser champs who are good at 1v1. Top lane is easier to snowball but also the easiest lane to gank.

I prefer jungle or top and cant stand playing bot lane.

Cheap0

10-16-2012

Mid is just as popular, if not more popular than top.

People like having solo lanes because they're all pro and need to carry their noob teammates, so they want to receive a lane's farm. They also don't want bot because then they'll have to deal with a retarded support who's always at fault when anything bad happens at all.

PrincePapa

10-16-2012

Jungler = Must know how to gank, must help team, know how to face the other jungler = High Pressure.

ADC = Must be a good hitter AND harasser, squishy, 2 players mean less xp, must carry team hard = High pressure.

Support = Most people consider it boring, easy and unsatisfying. = Low pressure but no fun for most.

ap Mid = Solo lane so keep to yourself and you should be alright, but squishy so errors are sometimes fatal = Mid pressure

ad Top = Solo lane. Strong, tanky characters that are fun to play. Errors aren't fatal, easy to last hit = low to mid pressure and fun

Need I say more ?

xEbonKnightx

10-16-2012

I agree with Prince for the most part, playing support could be rough when your trying to protect some of the most butter champs in the game against 3vs2 ganks and what not

PrincePapa

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xEbonKnightx View Post
I agree with Prince for the most part, playing support could be rough when your trying to protect some of the most butter champs in the game against 3vs2 ganks and what not
True, I forgot that part : Doing your job as a support is easy but being effective is a whole other problem : Your damage suck, you die more easily than others, can almost never feed yourself which actually makes support quite hard in some games.

Which is another reason most like to play top or mid instead.

Hoizengerd

10-16-2012

mid - squishy, usually poor escape methods, gets countered easily
adc - boring, sit in back and pew pew pew at things
support - sit in bush & press W
jungler - "gank mid please" yeah be right there when i'm done with this blue bu.. "yo man when you ganking bottom!!" on my way gimme a.."come top noob!! i been ganked 50 times!!"

top - chillaxin, if anything goes wrong blame the jungler

Shadow Light M37

10-16-2012

*Role

Siddar

10-16-2012

Well in games versus BoTs its because top is easy to solo if your class can handle it.

Two BoT versus solo will allow solo to outlevel BoTs.

Top tends to be melee with poor range attacks so you can drag them into your tower.

Once you get a kill in on them and have several levels on them lane becomes easy until they finaly yank the melee and send ether mid are bottom BoTs instead. If things went well by then you will three are four levels on BoTs. That makes you a lower priority target then lower level champions to the BoT.

At that point you can just join the group fights and pick off enemy champs while the BoTs focus on lower levels.

Of course the downside is you may force your teams non ranged melee into bottom where they get ganked early by ranged damage bots. That can result in fed bots eventually coming to top and making the whole idea of solo top fall apart. .

KhaptainKhan

10-17-2012

I think it's because people don't like to deal with a second player/support who can be the downfall of your gameplay and they also take all your farm. From personal experience i would rather solo then duo a lane.