Should I buy a jungler or wait for the changes to come?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IeagueOfLychees

10-16-2012

With jungle changes coming for season 3, I'm wondering if I'm okay to buy a jungler now or if I should wait and see how the changes affect the meta, and even just being able to clear. On a side note, anyone have an idea for the time frame on the changes for season 3? If i do wait I'm just wondering how long that may be (i.e. enough time for me to buy a new champ now and have enough to buy a jungler for the new jungle)

HotWeelz

10-16-2012

i think season 3 starts in like january so im pretty sure you can make 6300 ip before then

youmustbelyon

10-16-2012

do we know anything about the changes to the jungle yet? im always the jungler for my team, so i would really like to know

IeagueOfLychees

10-16-2012

It sounds like they're trying to strike a balance between Season 1 jungle and now. Make single-target attackers more viable again rather than AOE abilities dominating. There's also been some mention of more specific item paths for junglers that need the help but it sounds like the stronger ones wont need to buy these items if they don't want to. Thats what i've gathered from browsing the forums and red posts, surrenderat20.net is a good website for finding red posts if ur interested.

seredhras

10-16-2012

I get the impression that the jungle is overall going to be harder and more rewarding. I don't think it is going to be as hard as it was in S1 but I think these changes are going to benefit the old S1 jungle gods. Personally I'm excited because it should help make Udyr strong again.

If you don't want to wait and do not want to buy another jungler for several months (because you could easily get 6300ip by the time the changes are implemented) then I would recommend getting a jungler who is well sustained like Udyr.

Shivannah

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2012

I can't jungle for ****.. tried waaaaay too many times.

ItsBusinessTime1

10-16-2012

Awh does this mean jungle mundo wont be able to go where he pleases as fast?

Atzigan

10-16-2012

Jungler takes coordination, and takes a lot of communication. Even if the jungle gets buffed you can easily go through anything with a good early leash or early counter jungle. Which if you are not countering or expecting a counter nowadays, then you're just a mediocre jungler. The reason I say this is because every team and in the higher elo tier, counter jungling is a must. It affects the game in many ways and frustrates the enemy jungler. I would recommend you to get a jungler right now and start practicing. To really master it and make things go on your favor, that takes a lot of skill. You need to communicate with your middle and top a lot and have them be aware that maybe the enemy jungler will arrive to try and steal it so they can go ahead and assist you. Make them have their slows and stuns ready when you're ready to gank. You need to focus on bot most of the time and secure dragon with them and take it once it's ready. You need to be aware of wards and ward a lot or get an oracle and clear your jungle if the opposite team is very jungle aggressive. There's so many ways you can gank and so many ways they can gank you. Just remember if you're having a tough time with gold, get GP items. It always helps, and communicate with your team at all times. if you're ganking bot remember to give the kill to your adc. Sustain the lanes if your teamates went back don't push them or they'll probably rage, only get last creep hits. I could provide many suggestions, but you just have to feel comfortable and train a lot. Oh, and read a lot of guides that tell you the many ways you can go from camp to camp. Jungle timing is very important too.

fastplay

10-16-2012

@Atz1gan gp items are not for all jungler like noc his clear time is very fast and he can make money off his speed and ganking power.

IeagueOfLychees

10-16-2012

Guess I was a bit unclear in the OP. I actually main junglers but was wondering if I should buy new jungler (i.e. Nautilus) or wait to see if the changes make him/others less viable due to being harder etc. Basically, should I buy Nautilus or wait and see what the changes do? ( if I wait I'd just buy someone for another position)

and @seredhras I actually already have Udyr, hes fantastic