I'd love to know how Riot believes the Tribunal is fair.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BroYouRagin

10-16-2012

I just got banned for a week for the 2nd time in about 6 months even though after the last time I've made an effort to try to stop my raging at people, not to mention I frequently have been getting honored in my games.

I look at the email I get and the 4 cases I got reported, one of these is from about 4 months ago which is crazy in it's own right, I got reported in that game because I got trolled by a nidalee who went support, took CS, I asked nicely to stop and then proceeded to flame me which in return I flamed back, her and her 2 friends reported me.

One of the others was in a ranked 3s game with 3 of my RL friends where I said nothing all game and got reported by the opposite team for being "mad cuz he bad" and somehow the people in the tribunal seem to think I deserve a ban?

The other two cases are just clear cut incidents where I've tried to be polite and helpful to people in solo queue before being cussed out and flamed to which I'm going to respond and yet I'm being banned.

Honestly how can Riot believe this is a favorable way of punishing people, the people who participate in tribunal just love the power trip or just are doing it to press punish repeatedly.

DCode

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroYouRagin View Post
I just got banned for a week for the 2nd time in about 6 months
But if after your first "rage" incident, you would have stopped raging entirely, would this problem still persist? Did you not learn to mute players that taunt and flame?

"This guy was flinging feces at me, so I started flinging feces back, why did I get punished? he started it! Besides, I was trying to just gently toss the feces to begin with only when they forced my hand did I start to throw with all my force".

Baelor

10-16-2012

Its because people in tribunal rarely read the entire chat log. They scroll to the end, and then make their decision based on only about 30% of the available information. This is why I make it a point to read the entire chat log, unless its a clear cut report. Things like troll items, and flaming within the first 30 seconds. (Usually ranked que's when someone is mad they don't get their lane, and rage in champ select).

Those games sound like games I would not have voted to punish. Though, since I've not seen the actual case, I can't say without the whole chat log.

Going forward, if people flame you. Just put them on ignore, and don't waste your breath on them. You typing angrily back at them only throws off your focus and drives you to play worse. You can pull back losing games if you can reel in the team work. But you can't do that by letting people goad you. Just be the bigger man(or woman) and save yourself the keystrokes. Pings will generally be all the communication you really need.

Azrethe

10-16-2012

I try to skip the verbal ones cause I know I rage sometimes. I look for feeder reports to ban. Wasnt me, bro. Unless I saw you saying some really bad stuff to somoene and the whole team/enemy team reported you.

LargeSnorlax

10-16-2012

Post your reform card - You detailing the cases in your own perspective doesn't tell anyone anything.

Ghan04

10-16-2012

While waiting on your reform card to get a better idea of why you were banned, I'll just say this:

Lyte and Team Player Behavior do periodic random sweeps of cases to make sure that the Tribunal is operating correctly and not making incorrect punishments. Last I had heard, the Tribunal was extremely accurate and still on its way to improving to very very few cases of false punishments.

Keep in mind as well that all permanent bans are reviewed personally by a member of Riot staff before being approved.

bunies

10-16-2012

give da link fool

Qero

10-16-2012

Riot keeps banning or suspending players with false reports and childish parameters. I got to think that league of legends is too "noob friendly". Whenever u say an "insult" you get reported, if you dont say a word at all you get reported too "he wont communicate". So no matter what this game has no freedom of expressing ur self, every argument will turn out to be "harrasment". I just got suspended as well, and the community likes to add more wood into the fire.