Unjustly shafted by the tribunal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RobotInDisguise

10-16-2012

Please read entire post. Then check out the case # before commenting...

So my name is Muppetoflove, I think my name gives it away. I am a really friendly player. In a few days of the new honor system going out I got a ton of points in friendly honorable ect... I got my honor badges REALLY REALLY quickly after they went out. I got my first warning from the tribunal after around 1500-1600 games played. I feel like i got totally shafted.

Check out my cases.

So I stopped playing for several years I mean like 3 years. Then just recently started playing again. I have been playing for about half a year since Ive been back. My elo started at 1200...quickly dropped to ****** levels I mean low like 600. Then I slowly built it back up to around 1050 range.

At the moment in season 2 I have around 1000 games played about 800 of them ranked.

And 3 out of 5 of these reports stem from the first 10-15 games I played. All 5 stem from my first 50 games back. Most of them in normal draft mode. Where I was trying to relearn how to play.

1) 1st report that was literally my first game back EVER. I literally did nothing wrong except play poorly. I didnt use bad language. I called all my mia's nobody did the same for me. I was ganked several times 3v1. They picked out that I wasnt a strong played and just started chain 3v1 ganking me. I didnt feed on purpose and 1-8 isnt that bad for 600 elo level player thrown into the big boys bracket.

2) 2nd report...Everybody was arguing about positions in champ select. To be the bigger man I sacked up and picked support sorakka(1st pick). Nobody wanted to play support. Immidiately in champ select somebody called me a troll since I was first pick support. I was trying to be the bigger man and play support. The guy who calls me a troll picks a blitz leaving me mid. Then starts spamming that I called mid, which is a blatent lie. Game starts and Im forced to go mid. needless to say. It is one of my first games back and i amd a mid sorakka and not doing that well. I try to get a lane switch to go to a lane where I can help out. Basically I was trying to do the right thing here and got totally shafted, by some dude spamming a false report on me. The disgusting thing about it is that I cant believe the tribunal didnt catch this.

3rd) I picked top lane AD nasus. AD nas was a really popular build back in the day during beta. This was serisouly one of my first games back and I was relearning how to play. They kept calling me a troll for going ad nasus. Basically one guy starting spamming that i was a troll then another guy started spamming that I was a troll. I was playing fairly well at first. Finally 2 people on my team went afk and were intentionally feeding and trying to throw the game. I started dying because the levels and items and gold had become so stacked against me. I mean how can you do anything but not die when they have 3 levels and 1000s of gold on you. the only reason my team was not feeding was because...its hard to die when you are afk at spawn spamming and not playing. Basically the people doing the wrong here shafted me...

4th) this report was kinda deserved, but in my defense it was very much provoked. They were talking a ton of trash to me and I finally started talking trash back.

5th game) This is the only report I slipped up and deserved but it was very very much provoked. In 1000 games I have used profanity once and its in this game. And they very much provoked me by using profanity first and more often ect....

This report is the definition of provoked report. Basically there was a duo talking **** to me for being an american. Saying things like "****ing american" ....talking a ton of trash. Finally I say something back "i ****ing hate aussies" then make a joke about aussies being decsended from convicts. Very much a duo provoked attack on me. I wish champion select chat was in this.

Take into account. This was one of my first games back. I didnt understand how the report system worked at this point. They were abusing the report system. The report system shows the ingame chat log then the player scores. It doesnt show the whole story. Basically they knew more about the system. They said "**** americans **** americans" over and over in champ select then got me to respond in game.I remember this guys very vividley despite it happening months ago. I remember because I almost quit after playing this game.

The first 3 reports were completely unjustified. The people doing the reporting were doing things MUCH MUCH worse then me. like dropping all sorts of abusive language, afking, ect...

The reports 4 and 5. Were very much duos provoking me into saying something to report over...

I have nearly 1000 games. These reports were all from my first like 10-15 games back.

I am thoroughly disgusted by how the system has treated me.

I am really upset with the tribunal right now...People jsut spamming punish for free IP.

RobotInDisguise

10-16-2012

Please check out cases 1 and 2 especially. I feel like I got totally shafted on those 2 the most.

AtrumViscus

10-16-2012

Ignore and move on. If you dont then you are liable to get reported and banned.

RobotInDisguise

10-16-2012

PLEASE read and review the cases especially reports 1 and 2. BAsically somebody is calling me a f'er and I am doing nothing...I am not responding I am continuing to play the game. I am not feeding trolling or doing any of the things I was reported for.

Basically I was reported for not playing well....If that is a crime then how is calling somebody a f'er not a crime. Summoners Code I have read it and what they are doing violates it and what Im doing doesn't

Ghan04

10-16-2012

I know it can be frustrating when other players in the game are being abusive, but the truth of the matter is that this doesn't affect how you will be judged in the Tribunal (and this is not a failing of the Tribunal - this is way it is designed and is correct operation). If other players in the game are being toxic, then you have the option to mute them and report them at the end of the match. Beyond that, you should always remain polite if you are communicating at all and there is never any justification for responding to abuse with the same.

Urgit

10-16-2012

Case 5 is all that is needed. Ignore the rest.

You should have gotten time ban not warning.

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urgit View Post
Case 5 is all that is needed. Ignore the rest.

You should have gotten time ban not warning.

There is one information right and one information wrong on this one.

Yes, you do get punished even if only one game is punishable on the whole case (one case, many games, one vote)

But no, the severity of punishments doesn't depends on the severity of the offense, rather, on the number of previous offenses.

This means the first offenses are usually warnings, and if the person fail to reform with warnings, then they get scaling time bans until a permaban.

Rigelina

10-16-2012

A few things you should know.

1. AFAIK, the tribunal stopped IP rewards at the end of September.

2. "He did it first" is not a valid defense for bad behavior.

3. You do not need to exhibit punishable behavior in each of your tribunal games. If punishable behavior is displayed in one of the games, "Punish" should be selected.

4. The games shown to the tribunal are a random selection of 1-5 of your recent reported games. However, to hit the tribunal, you must be reported in many more.

5. Your behavior in some of those games was clearly over the line.

You can rage about the results of the tribunal in the forum, but the fact is that your behavior was over the line, and the tribunal punished you as a consequence. If you would like to avoid bans in the future, you should work on curbing bad behavior. Ranting on the forum will not change the tribunal. Riot has already come out and said that the tribunal is far too lenient.