So Sona is getting nerfed...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TKiWhiskie

10-15-2012

I think it's fairly plain to see that Sona is stronger than the other supports currently being used. Just yesterday I had a Vayne/Soraka lane be unable to push a lone Sona back when the enemy team's Ezreal disconnected. Seriously, Sona hits and sustains too well relative to the other supports right now. When *two* Champions can't deal enough damage to force her back without sacrificing one of them I think there's something wrong. If you think this is because Sona needs to be nerfed or the other supports need to be buffed is up to you, but I don't think many people would argue that she isn't pretty clearly the strongest support other than maybe Blitzcrank.

Eletale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishaven90 View Post
I still remember a few months ago when Sona got nerfed, Janna became the "best" support and Sona was considered very bad.
Riot obviously doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKiWhiskie View Post
I think it's fairly plain to see that Sona is stronger than the other supports currently being used. Just yesterday I had a Vayne/Soraka lane be unable to push a lone Sona back when the enemy team's Ezreal disconnected. Seriously, Sona hits and sustains too well relative to the other supports right now. When *two* Champions can't deal enough damage to force her back without sacrificing one of them I think there's something wrong. If you think this is because Sona needs to be nerfed or the other supports need to be buffed is up to you, but I don't think many people would argue that she isn't pretty clearly the strongest support other than maybe Blitzcrank.
I'd suppose Sona was towerhugging, because otherwise if that Vayne can't kill Sona then she's more than terrible. Or are you by any chance suggesting that if the worst early game AD carry in the game can't towerdive Sona 2 vs 1, then Sona is overpowered?

Wise Squirrel

10-15-2012

Didn't he say he did dislike supports? Maybe I'm wrong.

Henry Plainview

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Squirrel View Post
Didn't he say he did dislike supports? Maybe I'm wrong.
No, he'll go on loooong rants about healer characters, but he's tried repeatedly to disprove the idea that Riot hates supports as a class. But, in my opinion, actions speak louder than words.

nvmvoidrays

10-15-2012

Quote:
wat.

there's more to it then that.

sure, sona can chunk down vayne with a Q + power chord combo... but a single soraka heal removes all the damage sona just took. then, she needs to use around 180 mana to get her Q + power cord combo back up.

if the duo can't out-push sona, there's something wrong and its not the champions.

shalexade

10-15-2012

Quote:
Vayne has a notoriously weak early game, and Soraka doesn't add too much to a towerdive... surely it wouldn't be that hard for Sona to farm under turret.

Push and get your Jungler down there and she'll go down very fast under turret.

What get's me here though-

Ali + Blitz, banned 95% of games. Better nerf Sona.

Kaolla

10-15-2012

sure keep nerfing supports until no one plays them

you're not balancing your game, morello, you're alienating a core part of your playerbase

[ps] seriously, i main support and it's already hard as pіss to gain elo playing the role with the LEAST impact on the game, you just aren't happy until we don't even get to do anything except carry wards. supports are already ending out games with boots and a faerie charm being level 12 while everyone else is level 17-18. it's stupid as hell to keep nerfing characters filling a role with almost no game presence, and it REALLY speaks volumes about your lack of vision and understanding

Henry Plainview

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalexade View Post
Ali + Blitz, banned 95% of games. Better nerf Sona.
To be fair to Riot, they've tried really, really hard to nerf Alistar enough that people stop playing him so much, but it's not working.

Reizuc

10-15-2012

Man. My poor Sona. Getting nerfed again? It's bad enough that they cut her poke ability by 33%, increased her Mana cost on her sustain to the point that I max it LAST now, weakened her auras so there really isn't much difference in whether they are up or not at any given moment, no, they wanna nerf her again. Great, just great.

If you are having problems with Sona pokes, here is a hint. It's called ward the bush she is in and stay out of her attack range and you won't have any problems. Her range is small and she is very squishy. I play her for the fun she brings all game, and arguably the best support ult there is. But she is super mana intensive if you spam her abilities, and nothing except her ult, is strong mid to late game at all.

So help me if you nerf her boobies too we're gonna have a throwndown riot!

StuckWithSupport

10-15-2012

Riot has to buff supports, not nerf them. Sona is already squishy as hell, and her ultimate is the only thing that sets her apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reizuc View Post
nerf her boobies
If this happens, I'm refunding Sona...