So Sona is getting nerfed...

12345678 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

requium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexSaur View Post
Sure you can nerf sona...

But how about nerfing Blitz and Alistar so that they arent permabanned anymore, so sona has her lane counters again.
Yeah I agree with this 100%

Tuteshot

10-15-2012

I love playing support but they have been overnerfed, thats why sona seems so strong. But when ap carries with some utility start taking the place of a true support is a big issue. It speaks how unbalanced the support class is and the lack of viable options. Not saying that an ap carry canīt support but it shouldnt be a better option over other supports but when supports are viable mid ap carries they get nerfed them too.

Shyric

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuteshot View Post
I love playing support but they have been overnerfed, thats why sona seems so strong. But when ap carries with some utility start taking the place of a true support is a big issue. It speaks how unbalanced the support class is and the lack of viable options. Not saying that an ap carry canīt support but it shouldnt be a better option over other supports but when supports are viable mid ap carries they get nerfed them too.
Supports generally don't scale well with items, even if they somehow get fed. Non-supports do scale, which is why support Blitz still gets to be a killbot later on once he's helped feed his team.

I know a while back the red were tossing around ideas like making supports' CC/buff duration scale with stats so they could actually function better with items. I wonder if that's going to come into play with the S3 item reworks.

Stampede EU

10-15-2012

"Sona too strong, elbows out others. :x"

I hear it's really difficult to elbow out nothing, because literally every other support apart from OPcrank has been decimated out of viability.

You had a ****ing SUPPORT >ZYRA< in the world championship, I think that speaks volumes as to the current viability of your supports pool Riot.

IS1f86cf54b88179589488c

10-15-2012

riot has to hate sona because they made her the perfect support.

she can sustain, poke and slow in 2 seconds. most supports don't have this power, or if they do, they lack something (lulu is a similar champ with the poke and utility, but no heal)

she suffers from the hybrid penalty, meaning that she will be constantly nerfed so she can do a lot of things, but doesn't do anything good

also her ulti doesn't help to balance her out since its op

Nishaven90

10-15-2012

Somehow I knew this day would come, the day where Sona would get nerfed yet again.

I still remember a few months ago when Sona got nerfed, Janna became the "best" support and Sona was considered very bad.

Tuteshot

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyric View Post
Supports generally don't scale well with items, even if they somehow get fed. Non-supports do scale, which is why support Blitz still gets to be a killbot later on once he's helped feed his team.

I know a while back the red were tossing around ideas like making supports' CC/buff duration scale with stats so they could actually function better with items. I wonder if that's going to come into play with the S3 item reworks.
NOW they dont scale well with items, cause they nerfed every single ap ratios they had. They used to be able to mid Janna, Lulu, Soraka. But when they see they scale with items they nerfed them too. I played mid Janna many times when it was viable. Now they only have to nerf they utility they provide to make them even more crippled.

Henry Plainview

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Mum View Post
Are they? I was thinking of getting arcade sona :3
Well, I'm assuming they're not going to nerf her out of viability like they did before, and the skin really makes playing her a lot more fun because you can see the effects of all your invisible power. I didn't even like playing Sona before I got the skin in a forum give away, actually.

EFG

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Plainview View Post
She's popular largely because you can't play Alistar and Blitzcrank IMO.
Yeah thats pretty much the problem with sona. Her worst matchups don't get played because they are too banworthy. If you nerfed blitzcrank and alistar until they weren't permabanned then sona would have a rougher time.

Titiln

10-15-2012

So if the other supports aren't good enough compared to sona...buff some of the other supports?

12345678 ... 13