Started playing Ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Papa Al

10-15-2012

Hey guys, how many norm wins should one have before attempting ranked play?

I ask because I have like 250 and I thought I would try playing. I had alot of fun at first, I was doing very well playing support with soraka, and I started out 4/0. ever since then I havent been doing so good. I think I am 7/7 right now, and the players I am being matched with on my team just collapse at any sign of defeat. It has become just as bad if not worse than normal draft games at this point as far as player skill/attitude is concerned.

I am not trying to say that everyone else is bad, and that I am good, but above is the way I feel about ranked right now. That being said do some more experienced ranked player have any tips for just starting out playing ranked, or remember their experiences when they were in my situation? thanks.

P.S. sorry if I sounded like i was raging, little frustrated is all.

Dintercessor

10-15-2012

I think you dont need to be very good at ranked game, but at least you have the ability to carry the team, cuz in solo/duo ranked your teammates will just not give a ****, and do their own thing, unless you are 1500+ then they will listen; but thats not promising you to win the game either.

GetLikeMe14

10-15-2012

Yeah. Look up what elo hell is. I would advice doing your best to win your first 10 matches.