So.. wait.. why was I banned?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exploding Barrel

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephrinx View Post
I am not a rager. These games were over the span of a good 6-9 weeks. It's not like they were back to back, I remember them very well and they were quite far and between. I am not negative, I just speak it how it is. And if you would read the, I am quite positive until people start being dicks and idiots, so I be a dick back.
Well, having a case in the Tribunal at all means you're getting reported approximately 25x as much as the average player. So people aren't reporting at random, they're all reporting you. Don't miss this chance to self reflect and figure out why that is before a permaban may be next; people are giving you good feedback here.

Exploding Barrel

10-15-2012

Quote:
Yeah okthx.
I was sarcastic there, but it's a serious point. You acknowledge 3 things you said that weren't appropriate, then finish the sentence with "I did nothing wrong?" It sounds like you know what you did that's out of line and are just wishing the lines were drawn differently. This game expects more of its players than some other online games you may have played, and is better off for it.

Sephrinx

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Barrel View Post
I was sarcastic there, but it's a serious point. You acknowledge 3 things you said that weren't appropriate, then finish the sentence with "I did nothing wrong?" It sounds like you know what you did that's out of line and are just wishing the lines were drawn differently. This game expects more of its players than some other online games you may have played, and is better off for it.
No I said "other than that I did nothing wrong."
Seeing as how I pointed out my wrong doings.

Zielmann

10-15-2012

Quote:
These games were over the span of a good 6-9 weeks. It's not like they were back to back, I remember them very well and they were quite far and between.
Tribunal 101: The games presented in your case are not the only games you were reported for in that time span. They are just a random sampling of what is probably a multitude of games in which you were reported. It takes a lot of instances of getting reported to even land in the tribunal. Given that you've already reached a time ban, you've managed to hit Tribunal levels multiple times now.

Quote:
I am not negative, I just speak it how it is.
If this is what you believe, you're going to get banned soon enough. Again, just be a decent person in your games, and you won't land in the Tribunal. You asked us to tell you what you did wrong. We're telling you that you need to be less negative. You choose not to believe or accept the answer. It's fairly typical. I see it on these forums a lot.

Quote:
And if you would read the, I am quite positive until people start being dicks and idiots, so I be a dick back.
This is not a reason to be a jerk in-game. Did you ever think for one moment that actually being positive rather than reacting negatively could make the negativity stop, thus actually improving your chances at winning?

If you look around these boards, you'll see countless examples where people try to explain that the whole 'he hit me first' argument you hear from pre-schoolers doesn't fly in this game. Somebody else being negative is their decision. The correct course of action is to either try to improve the game experience in hopes of turning the game around, or just ignore it. Either way, get your vindication by reporting the negative player after the game. No need to join in and create a huge death-spiral of negativity, ensuring the loss for your team.

~~~

I'll say it once more: If you don't want to be in the Tribunal, just be a decent person. There's no magical list of "do this, don't do that" to avoid the tribunal. Well, there kinda is: It's called common sense and decency.

Exploding Barrel

10-15-2012

Quote:
No I said "other than that I did nothing wrong."
Seeing as how I pointed out my wrong doings.
I guess I misinterpreted your tone because you also said you were banned for "no reason." So you see the reasons, you just disagree that they are adequate for a ban? You're in the minority there unfortunately.

Sephrinx

10-15-2012

Quote:
Well, having a case in the Tribunal at all means you're getting reported approximately 25x as much as the average player. So people aren't reporting at random, they're all reporting you. Don't miss this chance to self reflect and figure out why that is before a permaban may be next; people are giving you good feedback here.
Where do you get this figure of 25x? And I was reported 5 times over 4 games, 4 of which were my team mates who did it out of spite for no real reason.

Game 4 - Galio reported me, because he is a noob and can't take advice and just says "STFU" instead of saying "Ok, I'll get Ninja tabi instead of Merc Treads and grab some armor".
HE is the one who needs to be banned, not me for trying to help him in his itemization.

Game 1 - Vlad reported me for obvious reasons, I reported him to, ****** bag.
And he was also reported by the enemy team as well.

Game 2 - No idea who reported me, probably one of the derps that sat at tower for a minute before minions spawn spankin one out. All the while I was having terrible connection problems getting the "Attempting to reconnect" bug, when in fact i was just standing there unable to control my champ, pro programming. Teach me plox.

Game 3 - No idea who reported me here, or why seeing as I didn't do anything.

Exploding Barrel

10-15-2012

Quote:
Where do you get this figure of 25x? And I was reported 5 times over 4 games, 4 of which were my team mates who did it out of spite for no real reason.
Source for that statistic.

The Tribunal just grabs a quasi-random sample of games you were reported in for the case; it is almost never reflective of every single report you have received.

Sephrinx

10-15-2012

That's ludicrous. I'm going to start reporting people more often then. Like, 50x more often, at least an ally and an enemy each game. I've maybe reported 50-70 people in my 2000+ games played. I am going to make an effort to be a nazi about literally everything in the summoners code from here on out.

Zielmann

10-15-2012

Quote:
Source for that statistic.

The Tribunal just grabs a quasi-random sample of games you were reported in for the case; it is almost never reflective of every single report you have received.
That's... actually 25x more reports than the average player. Has nothing to do with the number of games in your case.

But your general concept is correct: There are far more games required to create a case than what is presented to the jury.

Exploding Barrel

10-15-2012

Quote:
That's ludicrous. I'm going to start reporting people more often then. Like, 50x more often, at least an ally and an enemy each game. I've maybe reported 50-70 people in my 2000+ games played. I am going to make an effort to be a nazi about literally everything in the summoners code from here on out.
Nothing's stopping you, but if you're reporting non-toxic players the system will gradually discredit your reports until yours have zero impact on pushing someone into the Tribunal. It won't tell you that or punish you for it, but it will stop taking you seriously, basically.