How do you counter Jayce? [Top Lane]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IGotALolipop

10-15-2012

Sooo.... Jayce is really hard to beat. I even struggle to even out a stalemate in lane...

Does he have any weaknesses?
1) His kit is strong against both ranged and melee champions
2) He does both magic and physical damage and both scale solely off of AD (so which should i focus on, armor or mr? Because idk whether his q or e does more)
3) Thundering blow (his e) scales off your maximum health but he also has armor and magic reduction from transform (his r): which way's better for building tanky? Health armor or mr?

Trading with him is almost never a good idea, because he just gets around a lot of the items that I build. Should I just build full-on sustain with high AD or AP to beat him? What are some good items against him?

And lastly, is he simply not counterable?

WELP HELP

Shroud Walker

10-15-2012

AD Nidalee.

Out-trade post 6, out sustains in general, high mobility to dodge q's. Build armor if hes becoming a problem.

IGotALolipop

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroud Walker View Post
Nidalee
Oh, I'll definitely try her out next time.
Items?

xXCFXx Avenger

10-15-2012

I main Jayce, and the champions i have a lot of problems with are people that can jump in and burst me down really fast, or champions that have a lot of sustain. I think that Riven, Yorik, Mundo, and others like those will do better against Jayce.

But you really need to focus on isn't countering the champion, its countering the player. Watch his moves, people are repetitive. Take advantage of that.

Shroud Walker

10-15-2012

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=...ee-build-guide
be careful pre 6 though,he snowballs fairly hard. Also other champs with multiple gap closers can counter him as he wont be able to keep himself safe with the knockback.

Dabombinnz1

10-15-2012

Yeah AD nidalee is a good pick vs jayce. Also jayce is quite mana dependant, so if you see him with low mana punish him

Lazreal

10-15-2012

seriously,,, theres only 1 counter... thats gotta be BS, they need to nerf him then.

Elyysian

10-15-2012

Yorick, can out trade him, better sustain.

If he pokes at you with his q/acceleration gate you can heal with your Q. When he runs out of mana and goes in to last hit with hammer just unload all your ghouls on him. He will cry all the way back to base.

If he goes deep and tries to straight up 1v1 you, summoning all your ghouls on him and ulting will almost always turn the fight in your favor.

So yeah yorick is up there in countering jayce, but then again, who doesnt yorick counter? haha

If your not playing yorick, pre lv 4 he is really weak, so go agressive on him before that and hope for an early kill to let you snowball.

Lemon8or

10-16-2012

Just out sustain him while building damage and wait for jungler to come around and get ahead of him from kills or other objectives. Also take wolves/small golems if your jungler is ganking for extra gold. You gotta hit him hard and burst him down at the right moment.

N0Name 00

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazreal View Post
seriously,,, theres only 1 counter... thats gotta be BS, they need to nerf him then.

I agree with the above comment. Did a 1 vs 1 on Jayce on Dominion while bot, he lost his exhuast spell already (his other spell was revive), i charged in as xin and used ignite and followed by burst attack, the end result was that he won... we were both on the same health level! Riot please telll me why a champ can ranged/melee/tank/ push other melee champs back? this is another lee sin, too many abilities for him to use and too tanky to be burst down.

his cool down should increase and should not be able to use the same keys (QWER) again just by switching weapon.

I read many posts and there simply no cncrete way to counter him.