[Guide] Dr Mundo "I don't think he's a real doctor"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Granrok

01-01-2010

I am not sure about this but it seems that a nice bit of life sucking gear works great with the big M if you are assigned the task of killing off all the little bits. Allow me to elaborate.

Vamp gear + short range aoe means you kill all their little bits, leaving yours mostly in tact. The reason, to me, the little bits are scary to Legends is that they are not typically targeting said Legends. That said if your big M slaughters all of theirs, leaving with little damage, you now outnumber his Legend(s). Meanwhile your support crew (casters and long range DPSers) are focusing on their Legends.

I have played this dude only a couple times, and am admittedly a noob to the game, however I went straight for vampire gear and found that me being the trashman allowed for my teammates to destroy the other teams' Legends.

Granrok

immp

01-01-2010

good read,repd yo !

Granrok

01-02-2010

Played several times last night with my tactic - one game I managed to really irritate my team mates - granted we really didn't play like a team.

I have found my tactic works awesome for later in the game, early on its a bad idea unless you have a crack team who already knows how to support the big M.

1) Going with The Cleaver is the best first ability IMO. Get at least one point in it as for whatever reason everyone else seems to be very scared of it.

2) Get your base AOE second. If you combine that with early game health sucking and your team knows you are doing it, then ripping apart the little bits will allow you to power up in gold. It seems to have an issue regarding XP however - I always killed more mobs than all my team mates, but they seemed to level faster. Not sure if this is intended or not.

3) Go back to getting that Cleaver powered up - like I said it scares the **** out of people, slows them, and has a nice crit hit.

Bottom line - you can go straight tank gear, and most people will think that this is THE role for this character, however if you team knows what you are looking to do, then getting vamp gear that effects on only you but your teammates as well.

I am working on my Gear up list and will post that when I have it figured out.

Sorry to those guys who hated me while playing, granted it was one of only two games I have ever lost in.

Granrok

Keeza

02-01-2010

Warmog's is almost always worth it, when I get my warmog I start farming creep waves with burning agony and my HP always shoots up, depending on the team composition, I've also done double warmogs, twice the awesomeness and the fastest way to get ~4k hp. Even in short games warmogs is worth it imo you just have to be more active and kill more creeps, which mundo generally has no problems doing at all, I always get more creep kills with him when I play him.

As for teams getting executioner's...It should completely change mundo's playstyle, mundo is essentially a regen tank, but if you can't regen, you should just stack Hp and armor, I just get sunfire capes, with the added Hp, armor, and aoe stacked with burning agony, I just finish off whoever is putting debuff on me and then happily press sadism after the debuff wears off me.

I don't think getting quicksilver sash or cleanse against executioner's or gangplank/kris/tris is such a great idea, I usually get ghost and flash, combined with the run speed from sadism it makes mundo near impossible to catch, and by the time they do enough damage to make you want to run away your team (if not impotent) should have picked off a couple of them.

anyway, great guide, I enjoyed it.

Fleischer

02-17-2010

It is worth nothing that Spirit Visage has a new feature: 30% increase to regeneration (HP and mana). Obviously, mana regen is no biggie for Mundo; however, this can be a major boost for you other Mundos out there. My item build now is:

-Regen Pendant
-Spirit Visage (1250g isn't hard to earn w/ cleavers)
-Merc Treads
-Warmog's

then it breaks depending on the team I am facing. With Spirit Visage's buff, I am easily able to crank Mundo's HP regen past 160 before hitting lvl 18.

Vortimous

02-28-2010

I just started playing mundo... so far only died twice and won about 15... and one of my deaths was a 4 on 5 from the start and we almost won... lol.

I have a question about the Big M. His burning CC spell. does that CC as long as it is up meaning it will reduce and stun, etc or do you have to activate it during the stun like gangplanks scurvey? I am just not sure...

My build which I love so far...

Spirit Visage
Merc treads or ninja tab depending on oponnents
Warmong
Atmas Impaler
Phatom Dancer
Executioners if it goes that far...
Then either another phantom or frozen mallet if goes that far... will sell shoes for another if needed... this owns imo. Spirit visage is the way to go for regen early and magic resist....

Also, what runes are best for him... some are stacking armor pen, others are crit damage for mark... I think I will go all cool Reduc on blues and either crit chance on yellow or dodge on yellow... what is better? or attack speed on yellow...

Thanks for any imput....

Vort

DracoX

03-13-2010

awesome guide, ifollow ur build step b step
my last game end 14-2

Yellow Jester

04-19-2010

I still haven't found my feet as mundo yet, but his play style matches me reallly well. I usually go Cleaver agony cleaver masochism cleaver sadism, then cleaver/masochism so that I can do towers really fast. I'm going to try an AoE damager mundo with a Sunfire Cape or 2 soon.

Also note that the real trick with Mundo is learning to push. With just 1 level of Agony, you can pull the aggro from a creep wave and prevent any of your minions from dying (saw that in a vid on youtube). With Masochism and any damage/attack speed/armor penetration item (i'd chose a Last Whisper and a Phantom Dancer) you can kill towers in seconds. Literally like 3 seconds. And you're one of the fastest champs in the game

But you can also just build tank, run through the enemy's entire base, and kill stragglers if you want. Mundo's versatile like that.