[Guide] Dr Mundo "I don't think he's a real doctor"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HadMan

12-17-2009

I tried Mundo for the first time and had lots of success. I followed little of the item build and went something like 8-0-20. I went with early Warmogs, Boots of Swiftness, Atmas, HoN. I didn't get tima to get any others but I was going to go for a Phantoms Dancer and another Atmas.

I could take almost any champion solo and even 3 on 1. I solo'ed a fed Tryndanmere and a decent Veigar and left with 800HP.

I agree with Cleaver straight away but didn't find myself jungling.

Thanks for the guide

LolFace

12-19-2009

Thanks for the guide! I too had a great game with mundo on my first try, Mundo + Taric = gg. It's rediculous how much it helps to have a heal and stun with Mundo. *Taric* stun *Mundo* cleaver + rush *Taric* Charge + Shatter *Mundo* Maschosism + Burning Agony *Taric* Stun *Mundo* (also spam cleaver throughout the whole thing) = Both of em are dead. Thanks for the guide.

KaaaBLAMO

12-19-2009

Hey Wesley, great guide. If you wouldn't mind, could you please tell me where the videos you mentioned are? Thanks.

WesleyC

12-20-2009

I've updated the guide slightly to reflect a couple of recent changes. In particular I'll often just buy the health components of a Warmogs early game, but never upgrade then (or turn them into a Frozen Mallet instead).

Holepuncher: I've played against your Mundo and its very solid. Leviathan was a reasonable choice when it was first released, but with the recent nerf, I don't think its viable anymore. The rest of your items are nice - I've started skipping the Warmog's myself in favor of other faster items.

Krentist: I don't think i mentioned any videos? I've been thinking of trying to make a Mundo video sometime, but I haven't gotten around to it yet!

KaaaBLAMO

12-20-2009

Hmm, it must have been somebody else then. I'll check when I have more time. I wish this game had a replay feature.

Thanks anyway!

toethumb

12-20-2009

I just started playing and your Mundo guide has helped me immensely thank you

Crazy Demon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2009

Alright WesleyC, its been almost a whole month but I've finally gotten around to trying out your Mundo build. I played 11 games with Mundo today and I gotta say: this has been the best Mundo guide for me yet. I didn't feed in a single game (a major accomplishment for me with Mundo) and I actually was able to tank most of the time! I have a feeling I would run even better if I actually was using a rune page.

I'm definitely not the best Mundo out there but your guide has improved my skill with him drastically. I'll probably be playing for the rest of the time while he's free. There are some aspects of him that I feel like I'm not playing correctly or feel really awkward with with but I have a feeling that's because I haven't played him enough to truly undestand how to play a good Mundo. My point is that this is a wonderful guide and you have my thanks .

evilgoodguy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2009

I definitely agree on the Warmog's. I've been wondering myself what to do since I tend to get it fairly late.

Great guide btw, got me started with Mundo a while back.

Crazy Demon

12-21-2009

Question: In only one game I've built an atma's impaler, and that was the first time I tried out your build (since I wanted to go exactly the same way you prescribe). After that first game, I always feel if I can get atmas, I should be buying more tanking items. This has become even more evident when I started skipping warmogs- I have even less hp but I seem to last longer because of my increased armor or MR. Still, I just noticed in my last game with a frozen mallet + ninja tabi + aegis + item cleanse that I had over 175 damage. I think I had somewhere around 2.8k hp so atmas would put me over 200 damage, so I could probably pack quite a punch.

So my question is this: in the late game, should I start making Mundo more tanky or hit harder? Cause it seems the only way to get a team to focus on me is to initiate and just ignore everything else and attack the dpser.

evilgoodguy

12-21-2009

It's really a game by game choice. If I'm standing up well to their damage and they have a lot of melee sometimes I get a phantom dancer late game. Atma's is nice because it has armor and crit with us focusing on the armor.

If you're the only tank, you probably need to get more tank/support items. For instance I was the only tank in a recent 2 games and I snagged an Aegis and Starks for the team. Decent for me, but great for my teammates.