[Guide] Dr Mundo "I don't think he's a real doctor"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Norksman

12-03-2009

Not to mention the extra armour means you're less affected by physical harassment in the early game.

Holepuncher

12-03-2009

With the patch here's the new build I'm having some success with:

-Dorans and health pot
-Leviathan
-Mercury Treads
-Frozen Mallet
-Atma's

By the time I get Atma's I usually have between 3500 and 4000 hp depending on leviathan stacks. This means that Atma's gives 70-80 damage

AmPriS

12-03-2009

For high end lvl 1 group fights, you want Doran's shield and health pot. You want masochism as your first skill (it is the highest lvl 1 dps in the game)

You want dodge runes and Flat HP quints. Preference is to armor pen reds and MR lvl 18 blues.

You want the early game HP as you will probably go in first. You can do crazy damage early on.

daNNux

12-03-2009

Anyone tried Mundo in a higher tier game woth the new cleanse?

From the thread in the general forum cleanse seems to be really good.
I think it would be fun if the opened up the game for other champs then those with 2 CC spells, because that just makes the game boring with onl "10 viable" champs.

AmPriS

12-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by daNNux View Post
Anyone tried Mundo in a higher tier game woth the new cleanse?

From the thread in the general forum cleanse seems to be really good.
I think it would be fun if the opened up the game for other champs then those with 2 CC spells, because that just makes the game boring with onl "10 viable" champs.
If you are doing a life steal build it works great.

WesleyC

12-04-2009

Ampris: I agree with your rune options, but taking Masochism as your first skill is a big mistake. Cleaver does good damage (particularly to the dragon) and actually lets you slow a runner so your whole team can take them down.

daNNux: The new cleanse is very strong, but I don't think it's a good choice on Mundo. Between Mercury Treads and Burning Agony, Mundo is almost immune to stuns and snares already. Getting cleanse would be overkill.

If anything, the improvements to cleanse make Mundo a little weaker (relative to other tanks/melee DPS) because cleanse gives them a viable way to ignore cc effects.

Jothki

12-04-2009

If you're just going to be laning at first, Masochism is probably a better skill, as it'll get you more last hits than the cleaver will. You aren't going to be killing anyone reasonably careful with cleaver alone, and Masochism will let you hit enemies suprisingly hard if you can get withing melee range.

daNNux

12-04-2009

Id say that masochism is a really good starting skill. Much higher dps and if you throw in an cripple too you migh crit for 250+ damage.

And if you are going against the dragon masochism is better, 4x+40 damage or 1 +60 damage.

WesleyC

12-05-2009

DaNNux : Based on your comments I'm not convinced you've ever actually attempted the Dragon @ level 1 :P. Cleaver hits it for 15% of its current health which is about 500 damage. The first cleaver on the Lizard hits for 300(oops ).

AmPriS

12-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesleyC View Post
Ampris: I agree with your rune options, but taking Masochism as your first skill is a big mistake. Cleaver does good damage (particularly to the dragon) and actually lets you slow a runner so your whole team can take them down.

daNNux: The new cleanse is very strong, but I don't think it's a good choice on Mundo. Between Mercury Treads and Burning Agony, Mundo is almost immune to stuns and snares already. Getting cleanse would be overkill.

If anything, the improvements to cleanse make Mundo a little weaker (relative to other tanks/melee DPS) because cleanse gives them a viable way to ignore cc effects.

No,, in lvl 1 group fights Masochism is hands down the highest DPS ability in the game.